Sometimes you just need to scream!!!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I pointed out that something was connected to something it shouldn't have.

Me: So by definition, you can't connect there.

Them: But that's just the definition in the code!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

YOu can do that?? I thought as soon as you opened it they were notified. Why would anyone want to get a notification after every single email they out anyway?
I get a window that says something like 'Joe/Jane Blow has requested to be notified when you read this email. Do you want to notify them?' I'm similar to gymrat; it depends on what mood I'm in if I press 'Yes' or 'No', and how much of a PITA that particular person is.

YOu can do that?? I thought as soon as you opened it they were notified. Why would anyone want to get a notification after every single email they out anyway?
I get the prompt also. I suspect that it's an option to automatically respond to "read requests" or not.

Outlook receipts are the Devil.

Also,

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Had a rough night with MIAF. Having some difficulty coping with the role of authority/semi-father-figure when her daughter despises me but idolizes her actual father and constantly talks about him, because she's just too young to understand that he is the scum of the earth.

Outlook receipts are the Devil.

Also,

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Had a rough night with MIAF. Having some difficulty coping with the role of authority/semi-father-figure when her daughter despises me but idolizes her actual father and constantly talks about him, because she's just too young to understand that he is the scum of the earth.
don't disabuse her of it...you don't want to be in that role. Just be consistent in taking care of her. It will pay off eventually. Sucks in the interim though.

don't disabuse her of it...you don't want to be in that role. Just be consistent in taking care of her. It will pay off eventually. Sucks in the interim though.

I'm leaning more towards a live in my garage until she goes to bed approach. I should only need to keep it up for 15 years or so.

Dang...need 2500 bucks worth of plumbing done. Can't complain a whole lot, this is the first major work in 8 years.

Dang, just went up another 400 bucks...but we get 50 off for mentioning the add in the yellow pages!

Something tells me Flyers re-entry speed will be significantly less.

With a VNE (Velocity Never to Exceed) of 180 kts, the wings will depart the aircraft long before anything gets hot enough to go boom.

Yep. 207 mph. I'm actually not sure when/how the nautical mile became the standard in aviation. I know in the civilian fleet, both Piper and Cessna had airspeed indicators that read out in MPH through the 1975 model year. In 1976, they both changed to knots. Actually they just changed which one was easiest to read on the dial and converted the recommended air speeds in the manuals for the plane.

AAARRGH! Stupid insurance company raising rates $80 a month. My only option is to increase the deductible. My deductible is already over $5,000 a year. To keep the premium the same, I'd have to increase it to $10,000 !!!!!

:bash:

My phone broke.

I pay for monthly insurance.

5 days later without a phone, Verizon sends me a BROKEN replacement phone, and instead of saying they'll send me a new one, they say "well, just come back in and we'll look at your account and take it from there."

There will be a blowout of epic proportions come 6:00 tonight.

Back