Sometimes you just need to scream!!!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow. that sucks. Are there many "smash and grabs" in your neighborhood? No one saw anything?

Last edited by a moderator:
That really sucks, luckily you weren't home...these days the crooks don't really care one way or the other. Home invasions have been very common in central Missouri recently, don't if anyone else is seeing this trend or if it's just a local thing

Damn! That sucks. Has this been happening much in your neighborhood or is this a really isolated event?

Ouch! Be glad it was only the TV with door damage. It could have been MUCH worse! Let's just hope they don't try to come back later to recheck the property!

You can't trust anyone these days...the local utility had tree trimmers clearing our distribution lines near the farm and the mother-in-law happened to be at our house and caught them snooping around my shop, well away from the lines...they came back about two weeks later, she was at our house again in the middle of the day and they "wanted" to know if I wanted to sell some stuff, can't do anything about it, but I hate thet they are snooping around

Hmm. Should you be concerned that your MIL is in your house in the middle of the day while you're at work? jst sayin'.

nah, instead of having our 2 yr old in daycare, I pay the MIL to stay at the house and watch her...the ms wolf travels a lot and instead of having to get my daughter up and going at my normal early before the buttcrack of dawn hour and how late I usually work, it's easier to do this...but they aren't always there, they go to town and her house sometimes

So MIL didn't "happen" to be at your house, she was supposed to be there. that makes perfect sense.

Damn! That sucks. Has this been happening much in your neighborhood or is this a really isolated event?
My "neighborhood" is only 11 houses. No other break-ins have happened on my street, and nobody saw anything unusual yesterday. There have been 2 burglaries in my zip code recently, which is really high for this area, so I'd say that there is one group doing them.

The cop that took my report had just come from one that she said looked exactly the same. Door kicked in and only a few things missing.

My insurance agent confirmed what I thought. They will only pay to replace the cheap, builder-grade front door. I'm going to replace it with a more expensive, more securely framed door. After the deductible, I would only be getting about half of the replacement cost, so I'm not going to bother with insurance. He also told me that 2 non-weather-related claims in a 5-year period is an automatic non-renewal trigger for Nationwide. So if you have insurance through them, keep that in mind.

I'm surprised to hear that, we have nationwide and have had more than two claims on a house in under 5 years and have not had any issues...
The key is "non-weather-related." I think some sort of regulations prevents them from dropping you due to weather-related claims. But if you have two burglaries, appliance fire/floods, etc. in that span, they can drop you.

Back