Sometimes you just need to scream!!!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Krak - did you decide whether you're going to Painting with a Twist tonight?

I didn't go. I debated for awhile and decided I was already in a sour mood over it. I'm in more of a shooting range type of mood rather than a try to paint a pretty picture type of mood.

On to the next one...

Should've gone with a 3 for $10 wine special in a backpack, painted a penis with a tank running over it, and exclaimed, "Look out, Pierre!!!" After that, run out of the establishment all while throwing firecrackers at the feet of other patrons.

I was gonna suggest she and VTE have a scotch-and-skype session, but yeah, that sounds good too.

Make ramen noodles with scotch instead of water, preferrably in a microwave. Enjoy. Please post the youtube video of the experience...

It tastes best if you eat it late at night after not having eaten anything all day.

... she doesn't know what scotch ramen is... :Banane35:
sensors-indicate-noob.jpg

My wife and I started dating when we were seniors in high school. She had big plans to go to the University of Georgia for college and I was going to Clemson. Towards the end of our senior year she decided she wanted to go to Clemson (at the time she said it wasn't because of me, later in life she said she knew I was the guy she was going to marry and she didn't want to do the long distance thing for 4 years). We broke up for a semester during our Junior year at Clemson and then after graduation she moved to Atlanta and I stayed in Clemson for grad school. We got married about a month after I graduated and I moved to Atlanta. 8 years and 3 kids later and we're very happily married.

Now I'm on a rant. Freaking Hunter ceiling fans. NEVER BUY ONE.....EVER.

We bought our house about a year ago. For some reason the freaking morons that lived there before us put remote control ceiling fans in all of the bedrooms. In the three kids' bedrooms they have those remotes where they're added after the fact so there is a receiver module in the bell housing that mounts flush with the ceiling. One of the modules has already gone bad so I just yanked it and made it a plain old manual ceiling fan...gasp.

Then in the master bedroom they installed this HUNTER POS CEILING FAN that has the remote function built in. There is no way to make it a regular old 3 speed ceiling fan with a light kit unless you rewire the whole damn thing, which I'm not going to do. Last year the remote control went out and I paid $35 + $9 S&H to replace that because it was cheaper than buying another fan, then two weeks ago the light function failed. You can turn the fan on but you can't turn the light on, which means it's a problem with the receiver. And there is no pull string to manually turn the lights on. So I looked on the interwebz this weekend and apparently this POS receiver is a major PITA for anyone who ever comes in contact with it. Then I call "Customer Service" at Hunter and they want $60 + $9 S&H for a replacement even though the fan is under warranty, but apparently the only thing that is warrantied is the motor (how many f-ing times has a ceiling fan motor ever failed, real good warranty), and the "customer service" rep says that the receiver is prone to failure due to surges. So I say "Really? Then it sounds like a manufacturer defect and you should send me another one. I have plenty of sensitive electronic equipment around my house without surge suppression and I've not had any issues with those devices." Long story short, I'm not spending another $69 on that POS.

NEVER BUY A HUNTER FAN....EVER. THEY'RE GIANT TURDS WITH NO APPRECIABLE BENEFIT FOR THE INCREASED COST. THEY'RE MADE IN CHINA JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER POS CEILING FAN.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back