Sometimes you just need to scream!!!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In order for her to provide a legal daycare center, she has to provide that information.

I would definitely fight to get it, especially since the daycare expenses are a CREDIT and not a DEDUCTION. It's straight cash back into your pocket.
The childcare credit is only worth 20% of the amount though. Not alot for this.

Thx
It's 20% of up to $3k per child = $600. If you don't want it, I will take it on your behalf...

^ Yeah but it's only 20% of $350 since this is only a part time occasional 1/2 day drop off. I'll ask the girl tomorrow for tax info and see what she says.

Well that makes sense then. I'm used to paying for 2 kids full time. Last year was one of the cheaper years since my son is in elementary school and only needs before/after care, and we paid a total of $15k for both kids...

^Damn! That's steep. We have one child in full day care only one day per week. It's a lot less expensive. But the 1/2 day drop off is just a once in a while thing to assist with getting things done w//o lugging a toddler around.

yea but do you have sales tax or any other taxes? Or is it really just property taxes that fund state gov?
We pay a combined state and local sales tax of 8.25%

:(

Part our property tax goes to fund our schools, and we live in an area where the school portion of the tax is at the max allowable for the state, but half of what we pay goes to other areas of the state :( (

Paid 17.3 on income Tax last yr. We also have the sales tax from 7 - 9.5 depending on county.

Was asked to come out and look at a project 2 weeks ago. I said we'd put a number together, but they said come out and let's talk. We did, than sent a number. Owner called for a meeting and we arrived this AM. Just to hear him says he didn't need our services. This is something I cou;d've heard via phone. I'm wondering if I shouldn't send an invoice for my time on the first visit while we walked and talked.

Pissed!

not the first visit, but if he had to travel just to say no thanks...that should be billable since he could have told you that over the phone.

yep. that totally sux.

did he explain why he didn't hire you? I just trying to figure where he saw any benefit in asking you to come and see him in-person

I think he thought I was a contractor. His project doesn't require an engineer, but his contractor recommended he hire me to assist with specifying equipment, conductors and distribution.

Oh well

SCREAMING!!!

NEXT TIME I DECIDE TO DO A PROJECT FOR A BUNCH OF ACADEMICS, PLEASE REMIND ME THAT THEY HAVE NO IDEA WHAT REAL WORLD PROBLEMS ARE LIKE EVEN IF THEY SAY THEY ARE INDUSTRY EXPERTS.

Sigh. I'm seeing being in that drunk tank by Weds at noon...

I really hate getting yelled at for the inaction of someone else. I've done everything I can, and am now at the mercy of one of the senior members to get his $hit done, all the while taking it in the backside because we (as a group) are not done...

^^ It's even better when the person who hasn't gotten their ish together gets confronted by your boss and blames YOU for the delay.

Nope, getting called out in front of your boss by the contractor is worse. Especially since my boss didn't know what was going on at the time and I had to explain myself in his office afterwards.

Back