So how did it go?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I asked a guy who worte it last October 2011, he said too many bridge engineering problems friday AM and he dosent even have an AASHTO Bridge book with him, in the PM, the questions are harder than he thought and barely finish the essays in the PM, and it goes the same thing the next day Saturday.

I plan to purchase the ppi2pass SERM6 which has the AASHTO 2010 review, but I only have the 2008 interim revisions stuff. I'm a little worried about seismic design of bridge substructures. I have only designed one major highway bridge in Oregon and the seismic analysis was very complicated...
Does AASHTO refer you to another design standard for seismic analysis?

Last edited by a moderator:
ip: your post seems a little bit too much like reciting the test. I would delete it. To answer your question though, the SERM6 most likely is an update to the code sections and nothing more than what has been in the previous SERMS. I've owned the SERM3,4, and 5. Pathetic huh...

I was wondering if SERM 6 is fomatted to NCEES SE standrads, it could be overkill, I have a Kaplan Bridge Reviewer for SE/PE it is way over kill as I talk to a guy that wrote the SE recently.

I was wondering if SERM 6 is fomatted to NCEES SE standrads, it could be overkill, I have a Kaplan Bridge Reviewer for SE/PE it is way over kill as I talk to a guy that wrote the SE recently.
Please define "overkill". For instance, would the definition be something along the lines of "The Six Minute Solutions problems were overkill in comparison to the NCEES Practice Exam"?

ip: your post seems a little bit too much like reciting the test. I would delete it. To answer your question though, the SERM6 most likely is an update to the code sections and nothing more than what has been in the previous SERMS. I've owned the SERM3,4, and 5. Pathetic huh...
I was referring to a real life project I worked on. I haven't taken the SE yet. lol. I realize I may have strayed a bit from the thread topic. You know what, don't worry about it McEngr, I was just making small talk anyway. I'll find out for myself when I do bridge load rating calcs later this week. I can thumb through the AASHTO and pretend like I'm working on load ratings. Hahaha.

I thought that there was not enough time for the afternoon problems.

I think if someone scored 22/40 in morning and had four acceptables in the afternoon that the combined score could be less than 70%. Just because you passed a problem in the afternoon does not mean that you got a 100%. I think 70% is passing on the afternoon problems.

Good luck to everyone!!

Back