small town mentality

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guilty on both charges (library mainly for the kids to get books). If a sitdown restaurant has a coupon to use, it's pretty dumb not to use it IMO.
Agreed.  We just went to the library yesterday to pick up a bunch of kids books.  I use % off and free app coupons at chain restaurants whenever they offer it too.

My wife is an avid coupon user and library frequenter.  There are always 5-20 library books in the house and a DVD or two.  Mostly for the kids. 

Since we're on the library topic, mini-Ram has been going to a bunch of different libraries this week since they offer summer programs.  Yesterday he came home and somehow had a library book in the arts & crafts bag that apparently wasn't checked out.  Guess who's going to sneakily drop that book back off at the drop off box later today?

Since we're on the library topic, mini-Ram has been going to a bunch of different libraries this week since they offer summer programs.  Yesterday he came home and somehow had a library book in the arts & crafts bag that apparently wasn't checked out.  Guess who's going to sneakily drop that book back off at the drop off box later today?
that's better than the library saying you have a book overdue when you just saw said book on the shelf in the kids section

I have no clue how he managed to get that book out without the buzzers going off.  Those buzzers practically go off if you don't hold the book at the correct angle while simultaneously walking just the right way and saying prayers to the library Gods.  I can only assume he walked around the buzzers and since he's a tiny, innocent 3-year old they figured what the hell and didn't ask him to come back in.

we don't have buzzers...you really could walk in, goes downstairs to the kids section grab books and leave the way you came without being seen.  

we don't have buzzers...you really could walk in, goes downstairs to the kids section grab books and leave the way you came without being seen.  
I didn't even know libraries existed that HAD buzzers.

Here's another reason why I don't use libraries, it's a well-known fact that most people read books on the toilet, when you sit down on the toilet what is the body part you normally touch before reaching down to pick up the book?

I just borrow digital books from my library...can't be overdue and I don't have to worry about gross bathroom readers. Also, I don't have to go to the actual library.

Here's another reason why I don't use libraries, it's a well-known fact that most people read books on the toilet, when you sit down on the toilet what is the body part you normally touch before reaching down to pick up the book?
not a clue???  

RG is still avoiding to answer the question...

in other news, it is going to suck this week getting around town.  Two sets of tracks, like 50 ft apart, separate the town basically in half.    one half is the commercial district and access to the interstate and major highway and the other half is the residential.  half the crossings closed this morning  and the rest (save 1) will close tomorrow until friday.  

when I have to "go potty" I have to perform a "tuck maneuver" before I fully sit down, and then I pick up whatever magazine or book is within arms reach ;)

The%2Btwo%2Bbiggest%2Bfans%2Bof%2Bthe%2Btuck%2Brule.jpg

Back