Sleep patterns & the exam

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

civil-nj

Reaction score
I don't know about you guys, but I was having a really hard time falling and staying asleep in the months leading up to the exam. (ESPECIALLY the night before!!) Now that it's over, I've been sleeping like a rock and feel a million times better. On the Friday and Saturday nights after the exam, I got over 12 hrs of solid sleep each night! It's nice to feel rested for a change.

I didn't lose any sleep before the test, but last night I was thinking about the results for a while. I don't think I was awake because of that (it was mostly the late NHL Playoff game), but it was annoying nonetheless.

My sleep pattern was completely screwed for a couple months before the exam. Now it has begun shifting back to normal. Of course, my brain cell count has decreased significantly since Friday at about 5:30pm.

Immediately after leaving the exam, I went to a restaurant supply store to buy a brew pot for a batch of beer (the store was right next to my testing site). I couldn't do the conversion from 24 quarts to gallons...I had to ask the guy at the register if this was a 6 gallon pot or not.

I still don't think I'm back to 100% yet.

Immediately after leaving the exam, I went to a restaurant supply store to buy a brew pot for a batch of beer (the store was right next to my testing site). I couldn't do the conversion from 24 quarts to gallons...I had to ask the guy at the register if this was a 6 gallon pot or not.
I still don't think I'm back to 100% yet.
:beerchug:

I would have had to run out to the truck and look at the inside cover of MERM to do the conversion, and then run back in!

I would have had to run out to the truck and look at the inside cover of MERM to do the conversion, and then run back in!
I guess I could have snagged the FE equation booklet before going in, but I wasn't really expecting a brain fart like that.

I've been feeling ultra-tired and lethargic since the exam. This should be expected after feeing keyed up for months, but I still just feel like taking a nap.

I don't recall feeling quite this way after the FE Exam.

I'd say the PE Exam was about 5 times more brutal than the FE Exam (the actual exam on exam day). The overall process of applying for and studying for the PE Exam was about 20 times worse than the FE Exam (and maybe even more than that).

Back