Semiconductor industry, no PEs to work under for experience?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oscaryu1

Reaction score
[SIZE=10.5pt]Hi there,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]I'm current a fresh electrical engineering graduate out of college and gaining experience at a large IC company in Texas. However, where I work there are quite literally no professional engineers to work under. However, I found this excerpt "However, some jurisdictions will accept experience supervised by a qualified unlicensed engineer in industry situations where there is no offering of engineering services to the public". Would anyone happen to know what jurisdictions this refers to? Thanks![/SIZE]

Hi there,

I'm current a fresh electrical engineering graduate out of college and gaining experience at a large IC company in Texas. However, where I work there are quite literally no professional engineers to work under. However, I found this excerpt "However, some jurisdictions will accept experience supervised by a qualified unlicensed engineer in industry situations where there is no offering of engineering services to the public". Would anyone happen to know what jurisdictions this refers to? Thanks!
State boards is what they are refeering to. You'd have to talk to the board and see what they say.

Curious to why the semiconductor industry would need PE's in the first place?

Back