SE Tittle

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since I live in a state that now requires one to pass the SE in order to get a PE to sign structural drawings (Georgia) and I'm fairly young in this industry (27), I've never really looked into benefits of passing the 16-hour SE exam outside of the states that require it like CA and IL.  But since I just passed the 16 hour exam I should probably know more about it.  Any information about which states recognize a SE, require an SE, etc.. would be very helpful.  The other licensed engineer at my office did not have to take the 16 hour exam and he was grandfathered in before the rule came into existence that GA requires passage of the 16 hour exam.

Since I live in a state that now requires one to pass the SE in order to get a PE to sign structural drawings (Georgia) and I'm fairly young in this industry (27), I've never really looked into benefits of passing the 16-hour SE exam outside of the states that require it like CA and IL.  But since I just passed the 16 hour exam I should probably know more about it.  Any information about which states recognize a SE, require an SE, etc.. would be very helpful.  The other licensed engineer at my office did not have to take the 16 hour exam and he was grandfathered in before the rule came into existence that GA requires passage of the 16 hour exam.
Check the NCSEA website: http://www.ncsea.com/

They have a list of licensure in various states under "resources".

Back