SE II Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I heard from a friend, that heard from a friend, that heard from a friend, that they are going to throw the results out and make everyone retake it!

Better start studying again!

Just emailed NCEES and they said the results should be released soon.

I think the above post is inaccurate. They would loose too much money because everyone would want a refund of the exam fees.

soon is relative...

soon compared to the formation of our galaxy? soon compared to the life of a Mayfly (30 minutes)????

Just got my results for the SE 1, passed! thinking about maybe taking the SE 2 in October... any thoughts on how the states will handle reciprocity for those with just the SE1 in the future? I would think that it wouldn't affect your ability to transfer to different states, just like the older structural folks who took the exam back before it was multiple choice.

I have a hard time believing my group's department head would have to take an exam to practice in another state, since he's had his license for over 30 years... thoughts??

SE Taker.....if you don't mind me asking: you said you were a third timer on the SE II....but earlier you said you took both the SE I&II this past April......was this your third time with BOTH exams?

The reason I ask is: I'm just trying get a feel for how many attempts it is for others (beyond the raw passing rates we see from NCEES). How many hours would you say you studied for each attempt (specifically for the SE II, if it's possible to break that out).

I'm on my second attempt with the SE II (I passed the SE I (after multiple attempts) years ago).

It took me 4 times to pass the SE I. It is hard to break down how much I studied for the SE II because I took both at the same time. I do buildings and concrete tanks so the AASHTO stuff was what was hurting me. This time, I took the ASCE 7-05 two day Seismic Seminar; studied on and off for two months and then studied about 30 hours right before the exam. After taking the SE I on Friday; it makes it real difficult for the SE II on Saturday. I really think the ASCE seminar helped for the seismic problem. still keeping me fingers crossed as we wait out the next few days.

Just got my results for the SE 1, passed! thinking about maybe taking the SE 2 in October... any thoughts on how the states will handle reciprocity for those with just the SE1 in the future? I would think that it wouldn't affect your ability to transfer to different states, just like the older structural folks who took the exam back before it was multiple choice.
I have a hard time believing my group's department head would have to take an exam to practice in another state, since he's had his license for over 30 years... thoughts??
The exam format is changing next April so if you don't pass the SE II in October, a State like Illinois will require you to take both parts again. If you pass both parts then it is just a matter of doing the paper work.

Nothing here in Georgia, either. I'm assuming we will get notice either by letter or email.

Last edited by a moderator:
It took me 4 times to pass the SE I. It is hard to break down how much I studied for the SE II because I took both at the same time. I do buildings and concrete tanks so the AASHTO stuff was what was hurting me. This time, I took the ASCE 7-05 two day Seismic Seminar; studied on and off for two months and then studied about 30 hours right before the exam. After taking the SE I on Friday; it makes it real difficult for the SE II on Saturday. I really think the ASCE seminar helped for the seismic problem. still keeping me fingers crossed as we wait out the next few days.
Yep. my fingers are crossed too. So how many times have you tried the SE II? (I'm a little confused because you said you have taken them both at the same time and it was 4 attempts to get the SE I, but earlier you said you were on your 3rd attempt with the SE II.)

If I don't make it this time.....next time is do or die. I've probably studied about 80-100 hours total in each of my attempts at the SE II. I felt like I did ok this time......but I don't know if that will be enough. I'm probably the worse test taker in the world.

Nothing here in Georgia, either. I'm assuming we will get notice either by letter or email.
Nothing here in South Carolina either. I was notified via e-mail last time (directly from NCEES).
It's odd you haven't heard anything, being that the NCEES has had the results now for some time. Maybe they are holding offering up results to the direct notification folks until the individual states have cut their results loose. Goofy all the same.

When Continental posted results for the SE1, it was friday at 430pm.

Theres still hope we will find out before the weekend.

C'mon!

:party-smiley-048:

THE ALL CAPS GOT MY HOPES UP!!!!

:party-smiley-048:

YAR!!!!

Yep. my fingers are crossed too. So how many times have you tried the SE II? (I'm a little confused because you said you have taken them both at the same time and it was 4 attempts to get the SE I, but earlier you said you were on your 3rd attempt with the SE II.)

If I don't make it this time.....next time is do or die. I've probably studied about 80-100 hours total in each of my attempts at the SE II. I felt like I did ok this time......but I don't know if that will be enough. I'm probably the worse test taker in the world.
I took the SE I four times but the SE II, I only took three times. One time I tried just taking the SE I to see if that would help.

Back