SE II Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This wait is going to kill me, knowing that the other PE's know and we won't for another 2 weeks.... Deep breath, deep breath... Oh, I only want to know if I passed. If I didn't, please don't tell me and ruin my summer! I really don't want to study again.....
Perhaps I am being optimistic, but let's say I pass the SE II test and I already have a SE I can I add "First name last name, PE, SE" to my signature? I took both my tests in Texas and there is no SE license in that state.
I think you have to hold an SE license in one of the states that recognizes the SE (IL, HI, CA, NV, OR, UT, WA, AZ, ID, NE, NM) in order to use the "SE" in your signature.

This wait is going to kill me, knowing that the other PE's know and we won't for another 2 weeks.... Deep breath, deep breath... Oh, I only want to know if I passed. If I didn't, please don't tell me and ruin my summer! I really don't want to study again.....
Perhaps I am being optimistic, but let's say I pass the SE II test and I already have a SE I can I add "First name last name, PE, SE" to my signature? I took both my tests in Texas and there is no SE license in that state.
I think you have to hold an SE license in one of the states that recognizes the SE (IL, HI, CA, NV, OR, UT, WA, AZ, ID, NE, NM) in order to use the "SE" in your signature.

Correct. You have to be licensed as a Structural Engineer in order to use the initials. Passing the exam alone does not entitle you to the designation.

Correct. You have to be licensed as a Structural Engineer in order to use the initials. Passing the exam alone does not entitle you to the designation.
This is my understanding too but you can apply for your license in one of those through reciprocity except Calfornia.

This is my understanding too but you can apply for your license in one of those through reciprocity except Calfornia.
I got it. Thanks guys.

Still 2 weeks to go..... :waitwall:

Results are STILL "Pending"..... Maybe Monday the 21st will be the special day, then we still have to wait for our letter! I guess there are still PE takers waiting for their results, so shouldn't get too excited!

For what its worth... I had heard that NCEES will release the results on June 25th.

I'm thinking that will be the "special" day.

I took it in Illinois but the email was from NCEES. Here was there responce:
Probably soon after the week beginning June 21.

Bruce G. Martin, P.E.

Exam Development Engineer

NCEES

T: 864-624-5475

F: 864-654-6033

ncees.org
It's 21st today, any news yet on when to expect the results? :wtlw:

I took it in Illinois but the email was from NCEES. Here was there responce:
Probably soon after the week beginning June 21.

Bruce G. Martin, P.E.

Exam Development Engineer

NCEES

T: 864-624-5475

F: 864-654-6033

ncees.org
It's 21st today, any news yet on when to expect the results? :wtlw:
No results on the continental testing website yet. I'm checking daily and will update here when they are posted. Fingers crossed that they'll be posted by Friday.

**sigh** just another week to wait......

I'll be horseback riding Thurs-Sunday so may forget about it till next Monday!

Last edited by a moderator:
no results yet. Probably be July 2nd before we know. Then we will have either a great 4th of July or lousy 4th. Last year, Illinois released the results on July 8th.

no results yet. Probably be July 2nd before we know. Then we will have either a great 4th of July or lousy 4th. Last year, Illinois released the results on July 8th.
All PE results were out almost two weeks earlier this time. So, one can expect the same for SE II. I spoke to NCEES today and asked about when to expect the result, and got this response; They said, "we don't know the exact date, but it will take about 10 to 12 weeks".

All PE results were out almost two weeks earlier this time. So, one can expect the same for SE II. I spoke to NCEES today and asked about when to expect the result, and got this response; They said, "we don't know the exact date, but it will take about 10 to 12 weeks".

Check out on NCEES website now... the SEII pass rates have just been posted. Only a matter of time till the states post our grades now.

Check out on NCEES website now... the SEII pass rates have just been posted. Only a matter of time till the states post our grades now.
From the website...

First time pass rate: 63%

Repeat pass rate: 29%

Wow, that is a pretty high pass rate for 1st time takers. Too bad I am a 3rd time taker. I sure hope I get lucky this time.

anyone know how long it normally takes for continental testing to post scores after NCEES posts pass rates on its website? Same day? Next day? A week?

67 days and counting! I hate the wait.
Texas posts their results on the same day they receive from NCEES. So, I should get it in a couple of days. I hope all first time takers on this board are in 63% and all repeat takers are in 29%. Good luck everyone!

No results yet in Illinois. I just checked Continental Testing website. I will try again after lunch.

Back