SE Exam Scoring Workshop

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both of you attempted both at once ?  Baller alert...

Yes and for me it was just too much. I just moved and my new employer asked me to take it.  I only have six years of experience all on the east coast so I knew lateral would be a challenge. I saw a lot of things for the first time when it comes to detailing but now I know what I have to study and improve for April. 

I also took both at the same time.. and being in CT there is almost no seismic design, especially not SDC D. Still no results here.. 

Yes, I have a 18 month old at home and another on the way this spring. So, I figured that I had one shot and I better take it. I felt good about the afternoons but I was pretty worried about the bridge problems on the morning exams. Until reading David Connor's book, I hadn't had any experience with bridges. It paid off though.

Yes, I have a 18 month old at home and another on the way this spring. So, I figured that I had one shot and I better take it. I felt good about the afternoons but I was pretty worried about the bridge problems on the morning exams. Until reading David Connor's book, I hadn't had any experience with bridges. It paid off though.
Congrats on passing.  Is this the book by David Connor that you are talking about?

https://www.amazon.com/Bridge-Problems-Structural-Engineering-Exam/dp/1519335717/ref=pd_sim_14_1?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=1519335717&pd_rd_r=Y2DKKREQJK6ACZ8NT48S&pd_rd_w=NSM5c&pd_rd_wg=ixvzE&psc=1&refRID=Y2DKKREQJK6ACZ8NT48S

Yep, that's the book. It was very helpful and, since I took the buildings exam, it was the only studying I did for bridges. If you're thinking about purchasing it, you might want to make sure you're getting the latest version. I believe it was just updated for AASHTO 7th edition.

Interesting. I noticed you took the geotech depth and not the structural depth for the PE exam? Just out of curiosity, why did you choose geotech?
Well I focused on Structures and Geotech in grad school, so I am competent in both.  And as a Bridge Engineer, I do a lot of foundation design.  Finally, I just wanted a license and Geotech seemed to be the easiest path.  The plan was to get a PE taking Geotech, then focus on the SE.

so results are out? IDK IF I SHOULD ASK MY COWORKERS OR NOT LOL

Back