SE Exam Oct 2019 Result

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This wait is killin me.  C'mon, CT board!  Just let me know I failed already so I can be done with this.

This reminds me of the following. Italics are my edits.

Bruce: Why didn't you just... kill me?

Bane: You don't fear death. You welcome it. Your punishment must be more severe.

Bruce: Torture?

Bane: Yes. But not of your body... Of your soul.

Bruce: Where am I?

Bane: NCEES, where I learned the truth about despair, as will you. There's a reason why the SE Exam is the worst experience on earth... Hope. Every examinee takes the test and has looked up to the light and imagined passing and climbing to freedom. So easy... So simple... And like shipwrecked men turning to sea water from uncontrollable thirst, many have given up trying. I learned here that there can be no true despair without hope. So, as I terrorize you, I will feed its you hope to poison your souls. I will let them believe they can pass so that you can watch them clambering over each other to stay in the sun. You can watch me torture an entire room of examinees when you have truly understood the depth of your failure, and then, when it is done and your resolve is...ashes... then you have my permission to die.

Last edited by a moderator:
NCEES released SC results. Confirmed pass as SC board said. (1) more big hurdle for GA licensure and I can stick a fork in it.

Everyone, as the unluckiest man alive, I have studied just about everything this exam has to offer and know most of it well now. If you have any pointed questions, I'd be happy to help you in your future study efforts if you get stuck (like I was). I don't intend to run a study course, but I can help. If you felt the exam absolutely spanked you, you might try AEI[SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]www.aei-california.com[/SIZE]

The guys there helped me.

NCEES released SC results. Confirmed pass as SC board said. (1) more big hurdle for GA licensure and I can stick a fork in it.

Everyone, as the unluckiest man alive, I have studied just about everything this exam has to offer and know most of it well now. If you have any pointed questions, I'd be happy to help you in your future study efforts if you get stuck (like I was). I don't intend to run a study course, but I can help. If you felt the exam absolutely spanked you, you might try AEI[SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]

Congratulations. I am extremely happy for you and glad this is off your back.

Congrats brother 

Well, I certainly feel everyone's frustration. I am going to try my hardest to fix some of the problems I see with the exam. Again, I do not want to make this thing easier, but I would like to see it be a little more fair and in line with standard practice. Good luck to all who decide to undergo this again and may God have mercy on my soul.
For no particular reason, I went back to the April 2019 results thread and it turns out that you were apoplectic about your April results. I have to say, definitely happy for you that you got it this time. If they have you help write/grade tests, try to make them a bit more fair. I've always been ok with the difficulty level, but it would make a world of difference if NCEES could provide useful feedback on what was done wrong for the afternoon problems. Financially, it would even make sense. They could charge a ridiculous price and people would pay it, even for generalities: "you forgot to check vertical seismic per ASCE 7-10 section so-and-so." 

I have no issue with the difficulty level either, it just makes NO SENSE WHATSOEVER how I go from A on both concrete AND steel TWICE, then the following time where I get 36 out of 40 in the AM and then somehow U on both this time and fail.

I have no issue with the difficulty level either, it just makes NO SENSE WHATSOEVER how I go from A on both concrete AND steel TWICE, then the following time where I get 36 out of 40 in the AM and then somehow U on both this time and fail.
Agreed, if you have already received an "A" on a past exam essay question, then that "A" should "trickle-down" to your following exams somehow. Maybe even make the threshold (2) "A"s like what you have done. Might be a bookkeeping nightmare for NCEES, but that seems like a fair deal to me.  .001% chance that it happens, but you never know with the CBT on the horizon. 

KY results released. Failed SE lateral the 3rd try😑. (Passed SE Vertical 2018 Oct on the 2nd try). EET course did help a lot.
Lateral Results:
2018 April (V+L)  AM: 21/40   PM: IR/IR/U/U   (self reviewed V+L for 3 months)
2018 Oct   (V, passed, joined the EET course)  
2019 April   AM: 26/40    PM:Geneal Analysis/Conc./steel/wood& mas.= A/A/IR/U
2019 Oct     AM: 31/40    PM:Geneal Analysis/steel/Conc./wood& mas.= A/A/IR/U 

I have 1 year experience until now. Did some design in wood and masonry, small component design.

Can anyone give some suggestions on the material to cover the wood and masonry for SEL? Thanks a mil.

For no particular reason, I went back to the April 2019 results thread and it turns out that you were apoplectic about your April results....
I prefer apocalyptic.

I changed venues due to the fact I was so sure I passed it then that Alabama must have effed up somewhere. I still think I received someone else's answer sheet or had to "cross-up" bubbling somewhere.

^^ You may want to change the image. Your name and NCEES ID is on there.

Thanks kevo_55. I almost left it up because that’s how angry I am but thought better of it...... but seriously, that’s got to be a record AM score and still an overall fail! Come on!

5B4D88F4-81DC-402C-8B59-22CDE4164A52.jpeg

Thanks kevo_55. I almost left it up because that’s how angry I am but thought better of it...... but seriously, that’s got to be a record AM score and still an overall fail! Come on!

View attachment 15551
It's uber frustrating. So sorry. Sad thing is that I've been so frustrated by this thing, I really don't even feel that much better having passed it. It's been more like a kidney stone than a stepping stone. If I can help, let me know.

It's uber frustrating. So sorry. Sad thing is that I've been so frustrated by this thing, I really don't even feel that much better having passed it. It's been more like a kidney stone than a stepping stone. If I can help, let me know.
Did you do buildings or bridges? 

Buildings, not even sure how I could improve. I feel like I basically know everything backwards and forwards

Back