School of PE Online

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmaxcn

Reaction score
Just signed up for the online version of the School of PE. I was wondering if anyone else will be taking this review course.

I took the Civil - School of PE Online course for the April exam. 5 weekends covering the breadth portion, and they had 1 evening which covered your depth topic. It was a pretty good review class. I have recommended it to others. The notebook they provide is well organized.

I took the Civil - School of PE Online course for the April exam. 5 weekends covering the breadth portion, and they had 1 evening which covered your depth topic. It was a pretty good review class. I have recommended it to others. The notebook they provide is well organized.

Do you feel that taking this course contributed to you passing the PE. I have heard a lot of positive feedback for this course which was a positive factor for me to sign up.

Do you feel that taking this course contributed to you passing the PE. I have heard a lot of positive feedback for this course which was a positive factor for me to sign up.
The class does a great job of preparing you for the morning. The binder of notes and practice problems are very helpful. However, they do a poor job of preparing you for the afternoon. Their one evening class covering your depth is just long enough to cover the basics. That and the instructor gets bogged down with questions and doesn't cover much material.

I agree with the previous post. Plan on full preparation for the afternoon portion on your own time. They might be able to help you with a few small things for your afternoon part. The morning topics are covered pretty well and I used the notebook at times during the test. The classes force you into a good study routine and make you spend several hours covering material. I'm not sure if it was directly responsible for me passing, because this was my 2nd attempt at the exam and I prepared on my own time a lot more than I did the first time. I also had a better idea of what and how to study. The class can not help, and I was willing to take a class or whatever I needed to do to save me from having to redo the entire thing over again. If it's your first time, I recommend taking a class. You might be able to pass on your first attempt on your own, but I looked at the class as improving my odds. The class should pay for itself in the end, with your raise (hopefully) and the time saved, exam cost, stress, etc.

Good luck.

... The class can not help, and I was willing to take a class or whatever I needed to do to save me from having to redo the entire thing over again....
OOPS, I meant the class can not *HURT*, it can only help.

Back