say what?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am confused on why they included Maz.  I mean, are Poe and Finn good friends with Maz?  did Poe even meet Maz? why would they call her first.  did the convo go down like this? "Hey Poe we need a code breaker know anyone? no but lets call Maz."

it also would have been good to get a little more background on the scene from the EP 7 where Rey has the flashbacks -

That's in Episode 9 - clearly Kylo was lying to Rey about her parents. There will be much more, I am sure.

Plus remember we are talking about Star Wars here, with all kinds of inconsistencies in between the original (IV) and the rest of the series. So it's not like this is all written in stone somewhere. 

Plus remember we are talking about Star Wars here, with all kinds of inconsistencies in between the original (IV) and the rest of the series. So it's not like this is all written in stone somewhere. 
This tablet resides underground in a secure location at the home of George Lucas. From which it contains all (9) sequential stories of the Star Wars Saga. :thumbs:

written-in-stone.jpg

Which order does it say we should watch them? Sequential episodes, by release date, or Machete order?

I think EP 1-3 could be edited down to one movie, be cool if someone would do that and take the god parts and just show the, and 86 the "romance"

I am pissed they killed off admiral ackbar. I mean seriously? Go to hell Rian Johnson. 

I am pissed they killed off admiral ackbar. I mean seriously? Go to hell Rian Johnson. 
Well I believe JJ is coming back for Episode 9. I have looked it up, but I wonder what his reasoning was for not wanting to also do Episode 8. :dunno:

Ok, I've seen it.

WTF was all this Snoke stuff about? He's such a badass and he dies in the middle of the movie?

That Yoda scene rocked! He lit up that tree!

we went to see it with the family on Christmas day. I think the second time It made me like the movie even less...

It never occurred to me to pay attention to the footprints in the red/white salt during the Luke/Kylo fight. They made such an obvious "look at me" note of it when the first guy gets out of the trench and leaves the footprints, then again when Kylo slides around during the fight. I never even looked at Luke's feet.
I totally noticed that.  But the guy behind me didn't.  He very loudly said... "ahhh ****, that just happened!" when the reveal came.  I rolled my eyes but laughed like everybody else did.

Anyway, as far as Star Wars episodes go, I'll say it's a solid mediocre.  It isn't bad, but it wasn't epic.  I loved Ren and Rey defeating Snoke and the guards.  I loved the light speed battering ram.  I was unimpressed with Finn and Rose.  I was super unimpressed with the Leia space floating scene.  I was not sure why Luke had to die, but okay, I can buy it based on @Dexman PE PMP's analysis.  But the thing I hated the most honestly, were those stupid penguins.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kylo said Rey's parents were junkers and nobody important.  Any reason to believe he was lying?  I thought she was going to be related to Luke in some way, but I guess not.
She's the love child of Leia and Chewy.  It will become obvious in the bikini scene in Episode 9.

Back