Runners?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mizzoueng

Hop Addict
Reaction score
During last nights run, my legs started swelling up a lot. Especially my calves. The guys here in my office said I need to start looking at compression socks for running as it sounds like I have circulation issues.

Anyone use them and have suggestions? I would obviously like ones with an engineering or beer flair.

I have compression sleeves for my calves. I used them while marathon training since my calves seemed to tighten up on longer runs. I don't know how safe/effective they would be for combating swelling as that wasn't my problem. i have a couple different pairs, the ones I like best are the SKINS brand ones. They are also the most expensive pair that I have.

I wore a pair of Recofit sleeves during a lot of my training this spring. I haven't worn them during marathon training, but I've worn them after.

I'm also a fan of cold water after then run, either in the bathtub or via shower/hose. I haven't done a full ice bath.

Also, make sure you're hydrating after the run. That will help flush the system. I'm puffy after about 10 miles and my body insists on holding onto it for about a day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now I've got Billy Squire's "She's a Runner" stuck in my head.

Could be worse, I suppose.

thanks for the input. this is the only time its ever happened, not sure if I was just not hydrated well or what. Have been seeing more and more people wearing them lately and I wasn't sure if I was missing something that the distance runners are doing to protect themselves from injury.

Back