RIP Gary Coleman

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Coleman

His adult life didnt turn into much, like mosrt child starts, but this was one of my favorite shows as a kid..
I have to say it... whatchootalkinbout?

I too loved Diff'rent Strokes as a kid. Right up there with Silver Spoons.

Died at 42... that really sucks. He probably would have been just as good of a governor as Arnie too!

I'm a little older than you guys. The show annoyed me as did he and the character. Based on the tabloid reports/stories of his life after the show he was pretty freakin' miserable. Still, too bad that anyone dies at 42.

I think most child actors suffer when they are no longer "famous" but his parents screwed up a lot of his money I believe which couldn't have helped.

I think there was some bad mojo surrounding that Diff'rent Strokes show, dana whatshername's son died this week too, followed her footsteps

It's definitely tragic when someone dies that young, but he was another one I didn't figure would be around until he's 80. He had health problems and seemed like he was living a hard life.

I'm a little older than you guys. The show annoyed me as did he and the character. Based on the tabloid reports/stories of his life after the show he was pretty freakin' miserable. Still, too bad that anyone dies at 42.
I'm with you, I hated that show, but I was 12 when it came on. I thought Dana Plato was smokin' back then, though. If I ever watched, that was probably why.

I have to give the guy credit, though. As hard and miserable as the guy's life was, he kept on slugging and working, no matter what.

I am with you on that one, I tuned in to check out Dana and that was about it.

It's definitely tragic when someone dies that young, but he was another one I didn't figure would be around until he's 80. He had health problems and seemed like he was living a hard life.
dude this guy lost so much money through his advisors and people managing his money, millions of dollars stolen from him! crazy! then he goes out and gets a job as a security guard for probably $15/hour all with a smile

got to hand it to the guy

interesting that Willis is the only living child from Different Strokes now.

Gary Coleman's coffin. It even has his name on it.

30w30gy.jpg

^Ha. I just got this one.

Gary Coleman's casket

I guess they do happen in three's

Gary Coleman, then Dennis Hopper, and now that woman from Golden Girls......

No, I keep getting his last name (Linkletter) mixed up with the guy who directed dazed and Confused (Linklater).

I thought it was pretty punny. He is the Late Linkletter

Latest posts

Back