Retake - How to Register for October Exam?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EHEA

Reaction score
I did not pass the Power PE last October and wanted to take it again this October in Pennsylvania (PA). What is the process to take the exam again and when do I need to do this? Last time I needed to fill out the application to be approved for the exam, but I don't think I need to do this again. Is there a form I need to fill out and send in or do I just simply pay for the exam? Does this go through PA or through the Exam Board (NCEES), in other words, do I need to go to the NCEES website or to the PA website to register? Just saw that on the NCEES website that registration for October 2012 begins on June 15th - I assume I should just wait until then? Thanks in advanced and I apologize for all of the questions, but I don't want to miss registration!

I would check with your state requirements. In Iowa the state application is only good for one year. So If I applied and took the test in Ocotber, I could retake the exam in April without having to go through the application process again. If I waited until next October, I would have to resubmit the application to the state of Iowa along with any fees.

If your state does NOT require this, then just register for the exam through your NCEES account.

Back