Resume Question

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LargoOH

Reaction score
Looking for Advice, what should I do here.

A previous employer of mine was sold to a competitor and obviously was renamed. When I list this company in my employment history, should I use the new company name, or the old one? I mean, I never technically worked for the new company.

I would think I should list the new company name, so that they could be contacted. However, it just doesn't feel right to me to say I worked for Company B, when I only worked for them when they were still Company A.

See my dilemma?

Sorry If I put this in the incorrect forum. However it is not really applicable to any of the other forums.

I woud put the old company name with a note like:

Comany A (Now part of Company B)

or alternatively

Company B (formerly Company A)

something like that... ?

Looking for Advice, what should I do here.
A previous employer of mine was sold to a competitor and obviously was renamed. When I list this company in my employment history, should I use the new company name, or the old one? I mean, I never technically worked for the new company.

I would think I should list the new company name, so that they could be contacted. However, it just doesn't feel right to me to say I worked for Company B, when I only worked for them when they were still Company A.

See my dilemma?

Sorry If I put this in the incorrect forum. However it is not really applicable to any of the other forums.
I would put the company you worked for. If you are really concerned, you can put (k/n/a Company B). If it is in the same industry/local, folks will likely know what happened to the company.

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO, sschell has the answer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back