Results Delayed this year

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FWIW, I hate to start rumors especially that aren't true, but I heard from someone who claims to be "in the know" that NCEES plans to release results to the states after business hours Wednesday evening. If they don't have them ready they will wait for the following Wednesday. Apparently there is something about Wednesday that NCEES only likes to release results on that day of the week. Can anyone confirm or deny this historically?

Sorry to be that guy who throws around rumors that I cannot personally verify, but I figured I could communicate this rumor to the mill and see what yall think about it.
Sorry, but I'm 100% sure this is just a rumor. Check historic result release dates. I passed the general 8-hour exam for the PE 2 years ago and got the email on a Friday.
E-mail date does not = release date. I passed the FE earlier this year with the new CBT test. I saw my results on the NCEES website and didn't get an e-mail about it until a few days later.

FWIW, I hate to start rumors especially that aren't true, but I heard from someone who claims to be "in the know" that NCEES plans to release results to the states after business hours Wednesday evening. If they don't have them ready they will wait for the following Wednesday. Apparently there is something about Wednesday that NCEES only likes to release results on that day of the week. Can anyone confirm or deny this historically?

Sorry to be that guy who throws around rumors that I cannot personally verify, but I figured I could communicate this rumor to the mill and see what yall think about it.

I don't think so, back in 2010 the results were released on a Friday at 2:00PST. My friend got his results on May 25th for this past April's exam from a 6:45am PST email.

My guess is that results won't be released until Thursday at the very very earliest.

Sorry, but I'm 100% sure this is just a rumor. Check historic result release dates. I passed the general 8-hour exam for the PE 2 years ago and got the email on a Friday.
E-mail date does not = release date. I passed the FE earlier this year with the new CBT test. I saw my results on the NCEES website and didn't get an e-mail about it until a few days later.

Exactly

Last edited by a moderator:
My guess is that results won't be released until Thursday at the very very earliest.

Agreed. Meetings all day today and tomorrow, and I'm sure it'll take at least a little time to make up the final list of who passed and who didn't for the Petroleum exam. We've got a couple more days at a minimum, I'm sure.

Live coverage: Cut score for Petroleum has been determined. It was a short meeting, but follow up actions are getting done. Results to be released Friday as I mentioned earlier.

Live coverage: Cut score for Petroleum has been determined. It was a short meeting, but follow up actions are getting done. Results to be released Friday as I mentioned earlier.

I figure it will be Friday, our office Christmas Party. Pass or fail, probably will end up drinking too much and embarrassing myself. Then again, may be too embarrassed to attend if I fail, everyone is already asking if I have passed yet.

who posts results first.. the individual state's Licensee Lookup website or NCEES.. attempting to streamline / improve my F-5-'ing methodology :deadhorse:

If NCEES delays much longer it's going to come to this:

ae32nzB_460s.jpg

Back