Results Delayed this year

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The NCEES website says the PS exam takes 8-10 weeks to score as well but they were issued over a week ago. Is this typical?

19ca75170e0d47687ab49bc862c4d301.jpg

Depending on how recently they made a change to the petroleum engineering exam, yes.

Yep, typically PE follows PS rather closely 1-2 days, but this year the Petroleum exam killed us. No results until after that meeting means at least Tuesday or Wednesday of next week before anyone gets any results.

Depending on how recently they made a change to the petroleum engineering exam, yes.

Yep, typically PE follows PS rather closely 1-2 days, but this year the Petroleum exam killed us. No results until after that meeting means at least Tuesday or Wednesday of next week before anyone gets any results.

How do you figure that? They're meeting to determine the pass score on Tuesday and Wednesday according to the earlier posts. In Houston. It's gotta take a day or so to QA/QC those results.

Last edited by a moderator:
Airmandunkel said:
Ah, I see Its hard to know whats a Joke and whats was serious...I'll check back in Tuesday then.
If it comes from me, you can almost always assume I'm telling you the truth but in a joking manner, unless it involves operatives halo jumping from boeing 747's. That's pure bs.

Airmandunkel said:
Ah, I see Its hard to know whats a Joke and whats was serious...I'll check back in Tuesday then.
If it comes from me, you can almost always assume I'm telling you the truth but in a joking manner, unless it involves operatives halo jumping from boeing 747's. That's pure bs.
Damn it that was the only thing I took seriously.

By the way. What sucks is when you don't have any frame of reference as to when results will be released. I am just waiting for the state specific surveying exam. I have absolutely no idea when that will come out. Nobody posts about those tests. But meanwhile, I wait. I make jokes. I DO NOT TRY TO HACK NCEES!!! In case Tim is reading. I press F5. I basically get nothing productive done at work. Why? Because I'm just like you guys. I've just been doing it longer and on more tests.

Have ever been out to eat when you hear the sound of someone dropping a plate of food from the kitchen and wonder if it is YOUR plate of food?

So, if what MIG said is right and NCEES is meeting at Houston on Tuesday and Wednesday, then they have to report the cut score to the State Boards, those guys and gals are going to schedule another meeting to accept of reject NCEES' cut score (they usually accept it) and then notify the candidates pass or fail.

We are talking about two more weeks minimum, depending the State, a month and a half for California.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since I'm in Houston, I should show up to their meeting and raise a big stink about how crappy it is they are holding back results from the rest of the disicplines!

Buuuut I won't.

Back