Results Delayed this year

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
289 people trolling the board.

Gonna be a long day around here.
Well what else are people going to do, while the anxiously await their fate????
Get some work done? Day drink?

Somehow I think we've all picked the most tortuous way to wait for results.
Agreed, I'm sure reading these board makes the wait 10 times worse.....but i can't help myself.
I think seeing anyone get results will at least show that the results are coming. I just hate having no hope at this time of seeing results anytime soon.
^^^^ DITTO ^^^^

I am hoping that someone gets the result today !!!
Agreed. Hell, at this point I'd just be happy to know they released the results to the state boards. At least that means the folks at NCEES aren't just sitting on them anymore.

I suggest searching for PE stamp retailers and custom framing shops. You will need them soon.

Agreed, I'm sure reading these board makes the wait 10 times worse.....but i can't help myself.
I think seeing anyone get results will at least show that the results are coming. I just hate having no hope at this time of seeing results anytime soon.
^^^^ DITTO ^^^^

Agreed. Hell, at this point I'd just be happy to know they released the results to the state boards. At least that means the folks at NCEES aren't just sitting on them anymore.

Unless you are one of the last states to report. Then you will be pissed off at the state board for sitting on them.

I still don't get a national test having some layer of state control.

Bureaucrats.

^^^^ DITTO ^^^^

That's what it feels like. I mean if all cut score have been set, what else is there to do in the database? It only took 36 calendar days for Indiana in the spring. And now we are on 52.

^^^^ DITTO ^^^^I am hoping that someone gets the result today !!!
That's what it feels like. I mean if all cut score have been set, what else is there to do in the database? It only took 36 calendar days for Indiana in the spring. And now we are on 52.
The spring was a happier time full of hope and new beginning. Now winter is coming. The weather is cold and bitter. No fun of any kind.

I just want to know if I can put all the reference materials I've been hording back onto the company shelves, or if I need to continue defending them for another 6 months from would be test takers. Costs of retaking are one thing, but the additional price of reference materials I'm unlikely to use privately again are another.

I just want to know if I can put all the reference materials I've been hording back onto the company shelves, or if I need to continue defending them for another 6 months from would be test takers. Costs of retaking are one thing, but the additional price of reference materials I'm unlikely to use privately again are another.

This ^^^. I have all my prep material boxed away and clearly labeled sitting on my desk at home. I refuse to loan them out until I have the results on hand.

I'm planning on burning a reference item soon. But that's a whole other matter. I'd say keep hording.

Last edited by a moderator:

^^^^ DITTO ^^^^

Unless you are one of the last states to report. Then you will be pissed off at the state board for sitting on them.

Bureaucrats.
Luckily I'm in Florida so they're usually pretty good about getting results out relatively early, but yeah I'd probably spend the next week whining about bureaucracies and how much my state board sucks if I was in one of the states that releases them last.

I know they reserve the right to, but does anyone know if there's a state that actually establishes a different cut score than NCEES? It seems like they effectively rubber stamp whatever NCEES gives them, so I really don't see why some states sit on them so long too.

Maybe I'm just naive to the bigger picture, but this whole process just seems so much more drawn out than it needs to be. They spend more time grading scantrons and figuring out results than I would to actually design most buildings. I get that what they're doing isn't unimportant, but I just can't come up with enough tasks for them to do to justify it taking so damn long unless they leave after lunch for tee time everyday.

Ashlei VickeryHello xxx. How may I help you?

xxx Are we getting our PE exam results today?

10:20 am Ashlei VickeryWe do not have any additional information at this time. You will receive results 8-10 weeks after you take the exam

xxx but you are not denying that it will not be released today

Ashlei VickeryWe really do not have anymore informaiton at this time

The reply this time around is not a firm no like it was last Friday... Interesting !!!

I need to find work to do lol...

I'm sure ncees appreciates that you leave their representative's name in the chat, but xxx yours out.........

^^^^ DITTO ^^^^

Bureaucrats.
Luckily I'm in Florida so they're usually pretty good about getting results out relatively early, but yeah I'd probably spend the next week whining about bureaucracies and how much my state board sucks if I was in one of the states that releases them last.

I know they reserve the right to, but does anyone know if there's a state that actually establishes a different cut score than NCEES? It seems like they effectively rubber stamp whatever NCEES gives them, so I really don't see why some states sit on them so long too.

Maybe I'm just naive to the bigger picture, but this whole process just seems so much more drawn out than it needs to be. They spend more time grading scantrons and figuring out results than I would to actually design most buildings. I get that what they're doing isn't unimportant, but I just can't come up with enough tasks for them to do to justify it taking so damn long unless they leave after lunch for tee time everyday.
I'm just comment on this to see how many requotes deep this thing will actually go!?!?

^^^^ DITTO ^^^^I am hoping that someone gets the result today !!!

Bureaucrats.

I'm just comment on this to see how many requotes deep this thing will actually go!?!?
Pretty deep...

^^^^ DITTO ^^^^

Bureaucrats.

I like to give it deep.

When I took the Fe it was an april exam and I didn't hear back until probably late July. the PE was an October sitting and found out on Dec 29thish. It was definitely before the new year

My reference material is still in the basket I took into the exam; it's sitting in the middle of my room so it can not only be mentally bothering me, but also physically bothering me.hahaha

Back