Recent Civil Engineer Graudate with no job. Am I doing something wrong?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Need to hear more from OP after reading the whole thread. Finished my MS civil, water resources December '13 and in similar situation in the Bay Area. Looks like I need to change my strategy after reading so many good tips on here. Going to build a thick face and head to the street soon. Thanks for all the tips guys.
Baya area is tough, I was out there with the USACE last year on a temporary gig and considered staying on in a civilian capacity full time, but the cost of housing and commute made it virtually impossible to find anything that was reasonable...

It sounds like you're already taking some good steps by applying online and reaching out to companies directly. In addition to that, networking is key. Try attending job fairs or professional events in your area to meet people in the industry. You can also connect with alumni from your university or join civil engineering associations to expand your network. Don't forget to tailor your resume to each job application and write a strong cover letter.

Back