Random Topics 3.1

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sometimes it's better to slather on some fluid and let the heat build slowly.

A bit behind on posting this but I ended my 5-year deer drought this past hunting season just before Thanksgiving. Shot opening morning in northern WI just before 8am with a Savage Arms 30-06 (bolt action). Was able to pick up all the meat the weekend after Thanksgiving too. Ended up being about 51.8 lbs at $114. So like $2.20/lb. Not bad! Can't wait for venison pepper stew in the InstantPot! :thumbs:

20181117_094003 (800x450).jpg

20181125_150745 (800x450).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
are the green and white bags ground? or sausage? I assume ground deer?

Had some guys at work give me a few rolls of elk summer sausage, that shit is excellent!

Last edited by a moderator:
So is that all turkey venison?
LMAO! Saw that coming. But no.

are the green and white bags ground? or sausage? I assume ground deer?

Had some guys at work give me a few rolls of elk summer sausage, that shit it excellent!
Yes, ground venison mixed with some pork sausage for better flavor/consistency. Didn't have any of that last time so thought I would try it out this time. Looking forward to it!

We would frequently mix in some pork and seasonings to make both breakfast and Italian style sausage out of our ground venison.  Really good stuff.

408073_2379680494222_1931488242_n.jpg

If only the metoo folks would railroad that song and not baby it’s cold outside.......

Back