Random Topics 3.1

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can those of us who neither faceplace nor instantgram get a description of the contents of that person's activities?

Finally selected my 10 year work anniversary gift.  The cheese fondue fountain was no longer an option, so I had to settle for some Skull Candy ear buds :(  

After 30 years of service at the previous hell hole, retirees used to get a full grandfather clock (legit).  When I left, retirees were given an option of a plaque (to hang at their house since they're retiring) or a faux wood desk clock about the size of your hand.  

Here, at five years, you're supposed to get a printed out congratulatory certificate (no frame).  I didn't even get that.

I did get a five year congratulatory certificate, but I think our admin stuck it in a spare frame.  That was before our third buyout.

After 30 years of service at the previous hell hole, retirees used to get a full grandfather clock (legit).  When I left, retirees were given an option of a plaque (to hang at their house since they're retiring) or a faux wood desk clock about the size of your hand.  

Here, at five years, you're supposed to get a printed out congratulatory certificate (no frame).  I didn't even get that.
I got a certificate and a pen for 1 year at a company. but after that, i haven't had any significant work anniversaries yet. hahahhahaahsdkjaf;sldfjlkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

My company is finally starting to recognize years of service. I got a certificate for five years, but nothing for 10. The higher ups are making up for lost time, so I'll be getting something for ten years, then when I turn 15 in April, I'll get my next installment. No idea what is offered.

My company is finally starting to recognize years of service. I got a certificate for five years, but nothing for 10. The higher ups are making up for lost time, so I'll be getting something for ten years, then when I turn 15 in April, I'll get my next installment. No idea what is offered.
Go for the cheese fondue fountain before its too late.

My old company offered a pretty nice deal for ten years at their company. It was your pick of a certain value. In recent memory, it seemed mostly to be expensive tickets to a sports game of the person's choice. My current company doesn't do anything, so far as I know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back