Random Topics 3.1

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nwyP6xf.jpg

let's say there's something due by Friday. we need to coordinate with other offices and meet to figure out how to get the deliverable together. some of the older employees are still doing that thing where they say "I haven't sat down to check email yet". by the time they get caught up with what's being asked, some of the younger folks have sent texts, chatted about it, started sending their docs to the main POC and then we have a finished product like 2 days before it's due. 

meanwhile... one day after it's due, some of the older folks are just getting around to sitting down to talk about it. 

let's say there's something due by Friday. we need to coordinate with other offices and meet to figure out how to get the deliverable together. some of the older employees are still doing that thing where they say "I haven't sat down to check email yet". by the time they get caught up with what's being asked, some of the younger folks have sent texts, chatted about it, started sending their docs to the main POC and then we have a finished product like 2 days before it's due. 

meanwhile... one day after it's due, some of the older folks are just getting around to sitting down to talk about it. 
Yeah, seems familiar. I theorize that the closer most people get to retirement, the less they start caring.

ahhhh

this is not something i experience in my client team - we're all on the young side.

i can 100% see this happening with some of our clients tho - the utilities tend to skew older.

lol like my onedrive docs. I drive myself crazy trying to figure out my wonky logic to find old docs.  

*IASIP*
This is so true. The logic usually works if the doc is within 2 years old. But anything older than that, and I realize I was a moron back then. I will probably think the same, 2 yrs from now, about my current system. Or maybe I will cross over to the seasoned employee side and just not care. Only time will tell.

As one of those "older" utilities folks, there's probably a bit more going on than you realize.  Give it 15 years and you'll see.

If I had the kind of time on my hands that I did even 10 years ago, yeah sure I could get everything done early.  :eek:ld-025:

Back