Random Topics 3.1

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just do ear piercings. Nothing else exciting. :)

He got his ears 'punched'.  Used to hang with a guy in Brooklyn who did a lot of body mods, ear punches, lobe repair, ear pointing.  I think he also did subdermals, but mostly forehead and chest. 
I can't imagine what sort of mindset one would have in order to go wide open with crazy modifications. 

I can't imagine what sort of mindset one would have in order to go wide open with crazy modifications. 
Eh, guy doing to work was pretty normal.  I think he just had a mohawk?  He just happened to be really talented when people wanted to get this done to them.  For him it was more like 'no harm, no foul', and a majority of the people who got those mods done were in the type of jobs where it wasn't really a big 'thing' (fellow tattooers/bod modders/etc.).  I, personally, will probably never get anything on my face: piercing or otherwise.  All my piercings are elsewhere, but not on my face (they can be hidden, but a huge honking eyebrow ring cannot).

Eh, guy doing to work was pretty normal.  I think he just had a mohawk?  He just happened to be really talented when people wanted to get this done to them.  For him it was more like 'no harm, no foul', and a majority of the people who got those mods done were in the type of jobs where it wasn't really a big 'thing' (fellow tattooers/bod modders/etc.).  I, personally, will probably never get anything on my face: piercing or otherwise.  All my piercings are elsewhere, but not on my face (they can be hidden, but a huge honking eyebrow ring cannot).
Oh he did them on other people. I read it has he got a lot done on himself.

Last edited by a moderator:
My current boss wouldn't care if I got facial piercings - SWRQ had orange hair and two nose piercings, so my multiple ear piercings are tame. 

I have a CBR for my left daith piercing. And it's stainless steel. The receptionist at the MRI place was so up in arms about that piercing still being a place even though my doctor, my friend who is an ortho PA, and the MRI tech I spoke to on the phone all said it'd be fine to leave it in during the scan. The tech was wicked nice. This receptionist was a piece of fecking work.

I had to take out my tragus since when I went to get the jewelry swapped, the piercer was like "i can swap it but it wasn't pierced in the right spot and will tear" so it's closed and at some point I'll get it redone. Have scars from a snug in my left ear. Industrial didn't work for me either in my right ear. I've got 3 in each lobe with the bottom one gauged to a 4 (used to be a 00 but I took them out in college but put them back in like 2 years ago since they weren't fully closing and normal earring backings kept pulling through). And cartilage in my left ear - friends did it for me in HS with a safety pin. 

My current boss wouldn't care if I got facial piercings - SWRQ had orange hair and two nose piercings, so my multiple ear piercings are tame. 
Eh, idk, I think they look cute on other people but I have a huge honking Polack nose and I don't think it'd look nice.  I used to have orange hair when I was younger!  My mom got pissed because I got it dyed right after senior photos (so if I had re-takes, it would have been hell)!

@LyceeFruit PE I've always wanted a daith so bad, but my ears are kinda weird shaped/closed off, so daiths/snugs/industrials were never in the cards and would probably have migrated.  I've got 4 lobe, a CBR that's kinda on the edge of lobe/cartilage on each ear, 2 normal cartilage piercings, and then one ear has two conch right next to each other.  I used to have three but the third wasn't healing right/might have been too close.  This was before the 'cluster' conch earrings came out, which would have been sooooooo much easier for bby!JK aesthetics than the multiple conch.

i'm not as cool as any of you.

I used to be.

I had a barbell in my ear (industrial). 

I have a tattoo on my inner wrist. I got that when I was 25 and already doing well in my career. That's a disclaimer that I give to the high school kids I volunteer with who think it's so cool. 

Was every other thing on his face not already cringe worthy?

Was every other thing on his face not already cringe worthy?
Absolutely. It just keeps getting worse and worse. I can't imagine if that was me and I had to look in the mirror every day just to see a face like that.

I got that when I was 25 and already doing well in my career.
Smart! When I was 25 I was still working in a bike shop!

I have a tattoo on my inner wrist.
I still like the idea of a Mollier diagram tattoo here. Not on me though, I don't think I could pull off a tattoo of...anything.

I went home for lunch and watched some of the Golden Globes. I'm either getting old or it was actually pretty funny. What was up with Jennifer Aniston? She seemed spacey...but I don't know her. Maybe she's always like that. She looks good thought. Ok, Rachel!

Eh, idk, I think they look cute on other people but I have a huge honking Polack nose and I don't think it'd look nice.  I used to have orange hair when I was younger!  My mom got pissed because I got it dyed right after senior photos (so if I had re-takes, it would have been hell)!

@LyceeFruit PE I've always wanted a daith so bad, but my ears are kinda weird shaped/closed off, so daiths/snugs/industrials were never in the cards and would probably have migrated.  I've got 4 lobe a CBR that's kinda on the edge of lobe/cartilage on each year, 2 normal cartilage piercings, and then one ear has two conch right next to each other.  I used to have three but the third wasn't healing right/might have been too close.  This was before the 'cluster' conch earrings came out, which would have been sooooooo much easier for bby!JK aesthetics than the multiple conch.
I shouldn't have had the snug or industrial. My ears aren't the right shape, hence the scar from the snug. 

I had partially purple hair in middle school, high school, and in college. When I did my college tours, my bangs were purple and the rest of my hair was dark. So my military ID, I look like Rogue since the photo was B&W. My gram was pissed so I had to redye my hair brown so my license photo a week later, was brown here.

rn I have an undercut 

i'm not as cool as any of you.

I used to be.

I had a barbell in my ear (industrial). 

I have a tattoo on my inner wrist. I got that when I was 25 and already doing well in my career. That's a disclaimer that I give to the high school kids I volunteer with who think it's so cool. 
...I did not get my first tattoo until I was 25 and had been working a year.  Also, all my tattoos can be hidden if I choose.  It's the same thing I tell kids when I'm at the beach and they're like, "I'm gonna get a ton of tattoos!" and then I'm like, "Dude.  It hurts.  It costs money.  Make sure you have a job before you do it."

I went home for lunch and watched some of the Golden Globes. I'm either getting old or it was actually pretty funny. What was up with Jennifer Aniston? She seemed spacey...but I don't know her. Maybe she's always like that. She looks good thought. Ok, Rachel!
I liked Ricky Gervais tearing those hollywood people a new one.

"If you do win an award tonight, don't use it as a platform to make a political speech. You're in no position to lecture the public about anything. You know nothing about the real world. Most of you spent less time in school than Greta Thunberg. So, if you win, come up, accept your little award, thank your agent, and your god, and f**k off, ok?" - Ricky

I got my wrist tattoo at 26? idk, i got it between running Boston and taking the PE in April 2017 lol.

my ankle ones are visible too - I got one at 19 and the other at 25

i also want new ink lol 

"If you do win an award tonight, don't use it as a platform to make a political speech. You're in no position to lecture the public about anything. You know nothing about the real world. Most of you spent less time in school than Greta Thunberg. So, if you win, come up, accept your little award, thank your agent, and your god, and f**k off, ok?" - Ricky
his opening was really good. I really enjoyed it. and the first award went to the right person who could follow up behind that because that guy was funny.

Back