questions from chemical engineer that moved to the states

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FARIS

Reaction score
Hi :

1- PLease i want to ask ? as a chemical engineer from Iraq ,bachlor degree ,and have eight years of experiance , i heard that i may need to do the fe test in my residential state (Connecticut ) ? do i need to do the FE test there ? or i can start working as an engineer after my ceritificate had been evaluated ?

2- When my degree evaluated the american degree evaluation orginization (private orginization ) , evaluated my GPA = 2.6 does that effect my career to find a job in America ? especailly i was reading that some companies are asking for engineers with GPA=3 ?

3- can i ask a third question please ? i went to U-CONN and this is the only university in my states with a good credit ,and asked how i can change my GPA =2.6 up to 3 and above ? i did not find an answer ? can i ask how i can raise it up if that is a possable option .

4- please what is the specific books that you advice to prepair my self to the FE Test if i need to do it ? to find a job in the states ?

5- my last question ? what is the best books that i can refresh my knowladge in the chemical engineering field ,again i graduated 1993 ,and i dont know what is the level of education america reached in these years in that field ? this subject makes me frustrated and hestitates a lot to start applying for a job as a chemical engineer in america .

Please forgive me if i have alot of questions ,i am lost and blind and ask your patience with me and your help .

I am thankful alot to your support

Hi :1- PLease i want to ask ? as a chemical engineer from Iraq ,bachlor degree ,and have eight years of experiance , i heard that i may need to do the fe test in my residential state (Connecticut ) ? do i need to do the FE test there ? or i can start working as an engineer after my ceritificate had been evaluated ? You can write FE exam in Conn or any state as long as they well admit you in, but start with this website to get some information on FE exam www.ncees.org . You can work as an engineer if there is any engineering company willing to hire you, so my advise start lookign for a job as a chemical engineer.

2- When my degree evaluated the american degree evaluation orginization (private orginization ) , evaluated my GPA = 2.6 does that effect my career to find a job in America ? especailly i was reading that some companies are asking for engineers with GPA=3 ? No, it depends on the company that is willing to hire you, it doenst really matter they are looking for more expereinced engineers and possibly passed FE, it depends.

3- can i ask a third question please ? i went to U-CONN and this is the only university in my states with a good credit ,and asked how i can change my GPA =2.6 up to 3 and above ? i did not find an answer ? can i ask how i can raise it up if that is a possable option . Dont bother about U Conn they cant do anything in changing grades and so on, you graduated in Iraq, just focus on passing FE and PE Chemical engineering exams if you pass them you have an equivalent qualifications as a US PE.

4- please what is the specific books that you advice to prepair my self to the FE Test if i need to do it ? to find a job in the states ? check this website www.ppi2pass.com and go to FE/EIT. You need FERM Fundamentals of ENgineering Reference Manual and Chemical Engineering PM for FE, possibly CHERM.

5- my last question ? what is the best books that i can refresh my knowladge in the chemical engineering field ,again i graduated 1993 ,and i dont know what is the level of education america reached in these years in that field ? this subject makes me frustrated and hestitates a lot to start applying for a job as a chemical engineer in america . as what I have said above go to www.ppi2pass.com for review books and www.ncees.org for exam guidelines.

Please forgive me if i have alot of questions ,i am lost and blind and ask your patience with me and your help .

I am thankful alot to your support

GOOD LUCK.

Back