Question of the Day, August 11, 2008

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ktulu

Reaction score
I know I said that I would post a 'question of the day' starting last week...call me a slacker.

However, today will be the first in hopefully a consistent streak of good practice problems. I have the answers, and have not worked this one out yet, so I will let you work it out, then I will post the answers tomorrow.

I have scanned it from a previous Sample Exam, so if anyone thinks this is unethical, please let me know, so I can take it down. ADMINS, delete if necessary.

I know I said that I would post a 'question of the day' starting last week...call me a slacker.
However, today will be the first in hopefully a consistent streak of good practice problems. I have the answers, and have not worked this one out yet, so I will let you work it out, then I will post the answers tomorrow.

I have scanned it from a previous Sample Exam, so if anyone thinks this is unethical, please let me know, so I can take it down. ADMINS, delete if necessary.
Thanks

Here are the answers:

41. A

42. C

43. A

44. B

45. B

46. C

47. B - The answer went back to the original depth of 6 feet. I used the 3.9 foot depth, and came up with 143 cfs.

48. B

49. B - This questions seems like a pretty good qualitative question for the exam. Makes you think a bit.

50. C

Here are the answers:
41. A

42. C

43. A

44. B

45. B

46. C

47. B - The answer went back to the original depth of 6 feet. I used the 3.9 foot depth, and came up with 143 cfs.

48. B

49. B - This questions seems like a pretty good qualitative question for the exam. Makes you think a bit.

50. C
can you please post the solution for the #44.

My solution is getting complicated and needs trial and error at the end.

Thanks!

I'm at work and dont have my books with me but I would find critical depth of the channel at that flow and then an erosive velocity (10? 12?) and you should be able to go backwards and find the area. The "max" part of that is dependent on the velocity.

Back