Question for the Week (Power PE)

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For Voltage Regulation just remember it's the magnitude of the full load and no load voltage so you would not use the angle.

73fa1f88e0e93af18f22194273bf06da0484827b
Now I know, I did not even look up the formula and did it from my head not knowing there is magnitude sign in the formula. Attention to every little detail is so key. You may not even need to look up the formula and think I got this right, you may know the steps, process everything and still could end up picking up the wrong answer, unless you have solved a similar problem before hand. 

When you use angle you get 35% regulation which seems odd, but you can't go by that because, it is a problem and not real word situation. Otherwise such a high regulation should make you rethink.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Attention to every little detail is so key.
Yes! I've messed up several problems lately because of this. Formulas that I thought I had memorized correctly but made small errors. I've also made several errors due to entering information into my calculator too quickly and fat-fingered the wrong button. When you solve a problem and your answer is NONE of the choices you know you've REALLY screwed up!  :laugh:

When you solve a problem and your answer is NONE of the choices you know you've REALLY screwed up!  :laugh:
I would take that any day over, you solve the problem incorrectly and answer is one of the choice! If the answer doesn't match, at least that forces you to rethink!   

Back