Prometric CBT Centers Temporarily Closed

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received my ATT in early March and was scheduled to take the exam (in Ohio) this upcoming Monday, June 1.

I did receive a new ATT  in mid May.

The notice regarding exam schedule addressed "Eligible candidates who received their ATT notice and were unable to schedule their exam(s) due to the closure of Prometric test centers and eligible candidates who were unable to sit for their scheduled exam(s) due to the closure of Prometric test centers".....It doesn't say anything about eligible candidates who were scheduled and who are still able (as far as I know) to sit for their scheduled exam.

I have not been contacted by Prometric to reschedule.

I called Prometric today and they still have me down for testing on Monday June 1. But when I contacted BPELSG I was told there is no testing in June. I'm confused.

That is the exact position I was in last week. When I spoke with BPELSG I tried to explain that my exam was never cancelled, but they could not answer what would happen if I showed up for the June 2 exam. I was never able to reach anyone at Prometric, so this morning I decided to play it safe and reschedule for July. It seems BPELSG believes Prometric has cancelled all June exams, but in reality Prometric only cancelled half of their exams to ensure enough space in their testing centers for social distancing. If you are able to take your June 2 exam, more power to you. If you're like me, studying for these exams is a trajectory and moving a test date destroys that process.
I responded to AB88 through a private message to me.  No one is sitting for any California engineering exams until after July 1.  Please refer to this found on BPELSG's home page https://bpelsg.ca.gov/applicants/prometric_covid_notice.pdf which was posted May 14.  It is certainly understandable for all the confusion.  As I explained above, things are changing rapidly in reopening situations....often as rapidly as the shutdown happened.  All eligible candidates will be rescheduled until after July 1.

If you need to, please message me with your name and contact info for further assistance.

I just want to say thanks everyone for all the crowd-sourcing, it has been SO helpful. As CAPLS said things are changing rapidly and it's hard to keep up with all the updates on our own. Y'all literally saved me, I was days away from driving 18 hours only to find my June exams actually would have been cancelled. Waiting sucks, but at least we're all going to be well prepared (and hopefully still fresh) by the time the exams do roll around

Wow, I'm glad I decided to check this message board today. I was under the impression that my June 11 test date was still a go.  I just got off the phone with BPELSG. The women I spoke with said their website clearly states that all quarter 2 testing was canceled and that I would need to reschedule to July 1 or later. Maybe I am looking in the wrong place, but I did not see such a statement on the website.  The May 14th notice specifically calls out "Eligible candidates who received their ATT notice and were unable to schedule their exam(s) due to the closure of Prometric test centers".  This led me to believe that those of us with June test dates were going to be able to test since Prometric would be open and has not cancelled those appointments.
LeahL, I totally agree with you!  I read that memo several times and that is how I read the Board’s memo too. 

I called the Board and likely spoke with the same woman mentioned above. I also suggested that the board clarify the intent of the notice sent out. She told me that the website clearly says all test dates before July 1 were cancelled. The notice sent out does not once mention the word "cancel" so I politely disagree the website clearly says so. She said Prometric would notify me the day before my test was scheduled to let me know that it was cancelled.  I understand that things are rapidly changing and that we are all operating under unique circumstances, but I think that makes it even more important that we receive clear and concise direction from the Board during this time. Had I not checked this forum, I would have continued to assume that my June test date was still on. 

Also would like to express my gratitude for everyone on this forum for sharing updates

You were supposed to receive a refund of your scheduling/seat fee from your initial appointment....did you not receive that?  Did you check your account to be sure?
They just cancelled my July 2nd exam. Yes, I checked. Never received a refund.

Does anyone know why Seismic isn't being offered earlier than July 15? I've looked at a number of testing centers in NorCal and Surveying is offered as of July 1 but I can't find available times for Seismic earlier than the 15th anywhere

Does anyone know why Seismic isn't being offered earlier than July 15? I've looked at a number of testing centers in NorCal and Surveying is offered as of July 1 but I can't find available times for Seismic earlier than the 15th anywhere
Probably because of volume with other exam types and limited capacity at the centers. Other than that, there’s no specific reason. 

Thats super weird. I always figured the surveying and seismic tests were just one of many "modules" that prometric could run as long as they have a computer open. Its strange that they would have different openings.

Back