Prometric CBT Centers Temporarily Closed

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also just got a new ATT - no dates in July available, so I went for late August. I also paid the fee again, but I've already gotten a refund for my cancelled exam.

I hope that's how they're treating this. My original date was March 28th - it would be nice for those who were close to their exam date to get a little head start.
When did you submit your original request to test?

Just got a new ATT and was able to schedule my exam in early July. Still had to pay ~60$ fee. I may call prometric and request a refund for that.

I think I got it early because my exam date was like four days after the shelter in place order. 
You were supposed to receive a refund of your scheduling/seat fee from your initial appointment....did you not receive that?  Did you check your account to be sure?

Hi all, I’m a first-time poster. I received an email from the BPELSG on 4/30 indicating that my PE application had been approved, and that I should expect to receive my ATT within a few weeks. I haven’t received any communication yet, and sent a follow-up email to the BPELSG last week. I know there are many unknowns at play (primarily with the test site closure through the end of May). It seems like maybe this section of the Board’s announcement would be applicable to me (approved for testing in Q3, but no ATT received yet):

“Once the Board receives acknowledgement that all eligible names are ready for scheduling in Quarter 3, the Board will email you a new ATT notice for Quarter 3.“

Any suggestions/advice would be appreciated; thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all, I’m a first-time poster. I received an email from the BPELSG on 4/30 indicating that my PE application had been approved, and that I should expect to receive my ATT within a few weeks. I haven’t received any communication yet, and sent a follow-up email to the BPELSG last week. I know there are many unknowns at play (primarily with the test site closure through the end of May). It seems like maybe this section of the Board’s announcement would be applicable to me (approved for testing in Q3, but no ATT received yet):

“Once the Board receives acknowledgement that all eligible names are ready for scheduling in Quarter 3, the Board will email you a new ATT notice for Quarter 3.“

Any suggestions/advice would be appreciated; thanks!
Yes I believe you are reading that correctly.  But I would highly suggest you send me a private message with your name and contact info to verify. 

My exam was originally scheduled for Q1. I got my new ATT on 5/18. When I try scheduling my exam on Prometric's website, it says the closest testing center is over 300 miles from me and it doesn't show any testing centers in California. Is anyone else having this issue? I tried calling Prometric using the phone number given in the ATT, but the recording says they are not scheduling tests over the phone at this time. I also didn't receive a refund from Prometric for my original test appointment. 

I'm in California and I have the same issue. The closest testing center is 100 miles away in Oregon. I can't tell if all the testing centers are booked or if the website just isn't working properly. I couldn't even get a hold of anyone when I called Prometric.

My exam was originally scheduled for Q1. I got my new ATT on 5/18. When I try scheduling my exam on Prometric's website, it says the closest testing center is over 300 miles from me and it doesn't show any testing centers in California. Is anyone else having this issue? I tried calling Prometric using the phone number given in the ATT, but the recording says they are not scheduling tests over the phone at this time. I also didn't receive a refund from Prometric for my original test appointment. 

I'm in California and I have the same issue. The closest testing center is 100 miles away in Oregon. I can't tell if all the testing centers are booked or if the website just isn't working properly. I couldn't even get a hold of anyone when I called Prometric.
I would imagine that much of the issues both of you are encountering could be related to the fact that 1) Prometric is not able to open all of the centers at the same time in every region of the country; and 2) Prometric is operating at a limited capacity (approximately 50%) due to the local and regional requirements to maintain safe distancing.  Not to mention that Prometric just like many, MANY other companies at this time in terms of staff operating remotely and in some cases with less staff than before.  If you have concerns with your ATT notice or rescheduling your appointment, feel free to send me your name and contact info through a private message and I'll try and help.

I would imagine that much of the issues both of you are encountering could be related to the fact that 1) Prometric is not able to open all of the centers at the same time in every region of the country; and 2) Prometric is operating at a limited capacity (approximately 50%) due to the local and regional requirements to maintain safe distancing.  Not to mention that Prometric just like many, MANY other companies at this time in terms of staff operating remotely and in some cases with less staff than before.  If you have concerns with your ATT notice or rescheduling your appointment, feel free to send me your name and contact info through a private message and I'll try and help.
Additionally, you can try this link as a temporary measure, but there are limited markets that are open at this time: 

To find and schedule into these available appointments, candidates should visit www.prometric.com/test-takers/searchhttps://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v...I24C4q7bkT7I-QYu2HGZVTBg63GFmN1hcBAd5s&e= and locate their program/sponsor's page. Given these appointments will be on a first come, first serve basis, availability will be for a limited time only.

Additionally, you can try this link as a temporary measure, but there are limited markets that are open at this time: 

To find and schedule into these available appointments, candidates should visit www.prometric.com/test-takers/searchhttps://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v...I24C4q7bkT7I-QYu2HGZVTBg63GFmN1hcBAd5s&e= and locate their program/sponsor's page. Given these appointments will be on a first come, first serve basis, availability will be for a limited time only.
I have some follow up information related to these posts and current issues with rescheduling California BPELSG exams at Prometric.  The varying degree of restrictions and inconsistent lifting of social distancing restrictions from a local and regional perspective have created situations where Prometric is having to essentially reprogram their scheduling system almost daily.  I'm being told that the issues brought up by ps6420 and sl123 in their respective posts are actively being worked on at this time.  My best suggestion is to continue to be patient and try again in a day or two.

I’m having the same issue too. I check daily and the site shows zero test centers in CA. The closest for me is St. George, UT because I’m in southern CA. I contacted Prometric last week and no response.

When I emailed the board last week about it, they told me to keep checking back daily and said if I was unable to find a seat and wish to receive a refund, I can contact the board by 6/30 to receive a refund for exam fees. 

I’m hoping Prometric will soon figure out the social distancing policies and reopen CA test centers for scheduling. 

I was having the same rescheduling issues (only centers in Oregon and Utah shown) last week. I had a June 2 test date for the Seismic Exam until I was able to reschedule this morning for a July date. I never received any correspondence from Prometric indicating that my June 2 date was to be cancelled. 

Luckily, I received a recommendation from someone to contact BPELSG last week. Had I not, I would still be under the impression that I was taking my exam on June 2. Hopefully BPELSG and Prometric can get their messaging in sync and notify other June test date holders soon. Good luck in your studies everyone!

I received my ATT in early March and was scheduled to take the exam (in Ohio) this upcoming Monday, June 1.

I did receive a new ATT  in mid May.

The notice regarding exam schedule addressed "Eligible candidates who received their ATT notice and were unable to schedule their exam(s) due to the closure of Prometric test centers and eligible candidates who were unable to sit for their scheduled exam(s) due to the closure of Prometric test centers".....It doesn't say anything about eligible candidates who were scheduled and who are still able (as far as I know) to sit for their scheduled exam.

I have not been contacted by Prometric to reschedule.

I called Prometric today and they still have me down for testing on Monday June 1. But when I contacted BPELSG I was told there is no testing in June. I'm confused.

That is the exact position I was in last week. When I spoke with BPELSG I tried to explain that my exam was never cancelled, but they could not answer what would happen if I showed up for the June 2 exam. I was never able to reach anyone at Prometric, so this morning I decided to play it safe and reschedule for July. It seems BPELSG believes Prometric has cancelled all June exams, but in reality Prometric only cancelled half of their exams to ensure enough space in their testing centers for social distancing. If you are able to take your June 2 exam, more power to you. If you're like me, studying for these exams is a trajectory and moving a test date destroys that process.

Exactly! I've taken 3 practice exams in the past 3 days. Looking at the scheduling window, I won't be able to take the exam until August.....I really don't feel like taking time off and then ramping up studying again in 6 weeks.

o wow.... I have my Surveying test schedule for June 18th. Prometrics is now open for June 1st. Are you saying I need to reschedule? 

I received my ATT in early March and was scheduled to take the exam (in Ohio) this upcoming Monday, June 1.

I did receive a new ATT  in mid May.

The notice regarding exam schedule addressed "Eligible candidates who received their ATT notice and were unable to schedule their exam(s) due to the closure of Prometric test centers and eligible candidates who were unable to sit for their scheduled exam(s) due to the closure of Prometric test centers".....It doesn't say anything about eligible candidates who were scheduled and who are still able (as far as I know) to sit for their scheduled exam.

I have not been contacted by Prometric to reschedule.

I called Prometric today and they still have me down for testing on Monday June 1. But when I contacted BPELSG I was told there is no testing in June. I'm confused.
Yes, June test takers are supposed to reschedule to sit for exams from 7/1-12/31.

Same thing happened to me. I agree it was very confusing. My surveying exam was scheduled 6/19. Prometric was keeping the scheduled date and then I received a new ATT from the board.

I contacted the board about it and this is what they said:

Prometric changed the way they are handling our exams for applicants who scheduled in June. The Board is not allowing those exams to be administered.

You can go to Prometric's website and choose to reschedule your exam(s). If you cancel  your exam and then schedule it again, your sitting fee(s) will be refunded and you would need to pay it again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I'm glad I decided to check this message board today. I was under the impression that my June 11 test date was still a go.  I just got off the phone with BPELSG. The women I spoke with said their website clearly states that all quarter 2 testing was canceled and that I would need to reschedule to July 1 or later. Maybe I am looking in the wrong place, but I did not see such a statement on the website.  The May 14th notice specifically calls out "Eligible candidates who received their ATT notice and were unable to schedule their exam(s) due to the closure of Prometric test centers".  This led me to believe that those of us with June test dates were going to be able to test since Prometric would be open and has not cancelled those appointments.

She also said that June test takers would get a cancellation notice from Prometric the day before their scheduled exam.  I suggested that BPELSG send out a mass email to quarter 2 applicants now specifically giving a head up about needing to reschedule June dates. She didn't seem interested.  Luckily I was able to get a July 17th appointment. 

I had the exact same conversation with that women last week. After reading to her their own announcement verbatim, she gave me a "sorry I don't know what to tell you, I just know what they told me." Fortunately I was able to procure some contact info from her for somebody else at BPELSG that could answer my questions.

I made a similar recommendation to notify test takers ASAP last week. I've been notifying friends and co-workers who may be in this situation, as I do not expect BPELSG to be proactive. I'm not convinced they actually know what the current situation is. 

Back