Professional Associations

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^I got an NSPE Gold Mastercard my senior year of college. It has the DaVinci diagram of Adam on it, and the words "Professional Engineer" of course, prominantly displayed in the background. I was so proud of that when I first got it, but then gradually became embarassed about it as time went by and I realized that I was not a "PE". Until now, that is, but the robber banking companies ruined that card for me by slowly jacking the interest rate up to around 29%. It went the way of the trash can a while ago in favor of a better deal on a plain, non-PE credit card.

Last edited by a moderator:
NSPE wants $110 for me to join, and another $110 to join the cali chapter... any reason to join the cali chapter also???
I might be wrong, but I "THINK" that when I joined NSPE, that my TSPE (Tennessee) membership is automatic. That when you join one, the other is included.

On joining a professional organization though.... I think it is a good thing. Get involved, lots of activities, educational outreach, volunteer opportunities, etc. That is on top of the member benefits, learning tools, seminars, pdh's, etc etc etc. Our company pays for some of our memberships and encourages us to attend the monthly meetings.

I am in ASHE (American Society of Highway Engineers), NSPE/TSPE, and ASCE.

Back