Presidential Election

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who will better represent the American Public in The White House?

• McCain

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Obama

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters
We don't get Flash apps at work so I'll have to try this one at home but I've got to imagine I fall in pretty closely with the Obama camp. We'll see later on.
A lot of the two responses are surprisingly close. Some were dead giveaways such as pro-life BS, but quite a few subtle differences.

I was about equal with half going to each side with McCain getting the 1 extra...So who knows what that means.

I ended up with Obama, 8-5. But with many of the statements I felt I was picking the one I least disagreed with.

I was 8-5 Obama, too, but two of the things I agreed with McCain on were what I would almost call deal-breakers: I could live with the other disagreements with his policies, but not with those two disagreements I have with Obama (but who am I fooling - I can't vote anyway, and I am sure both will work out OK for the US)

8-5 Obama for me too. I tend to vote Democratic because I fundamentally line up with what they are pushing a lot more than I do with the Republicans.

But when it comes down to it, it's hard to tell what a candidate is really all about because they all spew out the same rhetoric about how they are going to change this or do that without telling you how they plan to do it.

That's why picking the quotes is so interesting. Every candidate preaches tax cuts for the middle class, health care reform, more jobs, blah blah blah...

suprised we havent heard much about social security "lock boxes" etc this year.....usually that and 2 or 3 things that get forgotten about after the election are the main focus by this point

But with many of the statements I felt I was picking the one I least disagreed with.
That's exactly how I felt!

Or, to quote Ralph Nader about THIS presidential election cycle, "The choice is between the evil of two lessers."

:Locolaugh: :Locolaugh:

JR

^^^ Actually, a number of people have been using that phrasology to describe the the two-party system - Nader has been pushing that point since well before 2000. I just heard him on NPR using that term again ... it just cracks me up because it is one of those things where all you can do is nod your head in resignation.

JR

Mel Gibson remarked during the Gore / Bush election that "When God gives you lemons, you make lemonade".

My quote would be "please pass the crab legs!"

I only got three McCains...and I'm a registered Republican. I even got the signed picture of him and Palin in the mail the other day!

I did a ten question blind survey on quotes from the candidates earlier. I got 1 McCain. I guess I know where I stand.

I even got the signed picture of him and Palin in the mail the other day!
We are starting to plan for a vacation to Alaska next year and have ordered all sorts of travel brochures from the state. We've started a habit of tearing out the page with the picture and welcome message from the governor. If you want I could send them to you instead of throwing them out.

Back