Predicted results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you think you passed the October PE exam?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I am sure I did not PASS I left the exam feeling clueless :dunno:

In April when I took the thing I thought I did pass :brick:

So now I am just going to focus on enjoying my time off from studying until I get the results then I will hit it hard for the next time.

Leading into the exam I was answering sample questions with about 55-65% accuracy with a slight upward trend. Today just for (sick) fun, I cracked open a sample test book and ansered ten questions. I got 6 out of 10. I am about 55 to 65% certain that I got about 55% on the morning and 65% in the afternoon putting me in the 55 to 65% range. How's that for confidence? I'm looking forward to a 55-65% chance of retaking it April (unless I decide to pull a Murtha).

LMAO! I feel now the same way I did when I walked out of the test room. I think I'm right on the brink between passing and failing, neither result would surprise me much. I'm going forward mentally as though I'll be taking it again in April, just in case.

Luis,

In your original post at the top of this thread, you predicted that perhaps results would start flowing Wed. Dec 22nd. Dec. 22nd is actually a Friday, so which day did you actually mean? Wed. the 20th, Wed. the 27th, or Friday the 22nd? I'm trying to decide whether or not to send in my application to retake the exam in April, and the deadline in FL is Dec. 29th.

Postmark deadline is Dec. 29th? or received in office deadline is Dec. 29th?

I think that makes a difference.

I have found that here they mail them on a Friday for some reason. At least the last two times they have.

Received by Dec. 29th. I doubt very much that that date was randomly picked. I suspect the FL board picked it on purpose, knowing most people would send in the money just to be safe. There's absolutely no reason they couldn't move it back two or three weeks, they don't have to DO anything with the reapplication (it's only one page) except cash your damn check. It's all about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$. Fuckers.

Man every sounds like me, I have no clue if I passed either, very scared now, I even took testmasters studied a lot and still felt unprepared for the theory side of the exam. That totally fooled me, I was not prepared for that.

whats weird is that I felt really confident after Aprils, and ended up failing by probably "not much" I did 10X the studying this go round(also did Testmasters) and left fealing worse in general, I dont know if its because I put a lot more into the questions I didnt know (at the end of each session) or if I should just go into construction :D

Yeah, I'm feel like the roadguy. I felt really good about aprils exam and missed by 4 or 5. I studied harder this timeand walked out totallly unsure if I passed or not. Only a few questions stumped me but I wonder if they'll be the ones that cost.

:violin:

I have gone back and forth...before the exam I figured I would pass...immediately after i was sure I failed...a few weeks later I thought I had a chance...now I am back to thinking it would take a miracle for me to have passed.

I'm a betting man, and if I had to bet, I'm sorry to say I'd lay money that I failed this time. I wouldn't be shocked if I passed, but there were just so many questions towards the end that I had to rush through, it's going to depend on how many of those I got right. I'm mentally prepared for a failing grade, but a pass wouldn't surprise me. That probably sounds kind of weird but that's where I'm at.

:dunno:

Well, somebody had to post something good here.

I felt like the morning portion was relatively (or exactly) easy. Walked out feeling like 36 were confirmed with 2 really good possibilities and two possibilities. Afternoon was harder, but still had 25 or so confirmed correct with 4 good poss and several guesses ranging from educated guesses to "pin the tail on". With 36 and 25 that gives me 61 out of 80 or 76.25% unadjusted percentage. Should be good enough to pass. :true: :beerchug

tmckeon how did you confirm your answers? Just wondering, I remember the questions but have no idea what the exact answers were.

:lol2x:

so, am i getting too nerd-ish, or does the POLL above look suspiciously like the NCEES reported passing rates?

I'm thinking too hard.

Must drink more beer! :beerchug

Good question. I think a sample size of 28 people is too small to accurately draw any conclusions in that regard but you might be onto something. I would actually have thought the results poll would show a more positive outcome than what the passing rates are. My thinking on the matter is that anyone OCD enough to check this website often and vote in said poll would have studied "more than the average bear" and be more likely to have passed. (or at least be more likely to THINK they passed) :D

Just prepare yourselves, once results start rolling in I'm gonna start a thread asking folks how their predicted outcome compared to the real thing. :watch:

Last edited:
:read:

Naw, 28 people is enough. If you look at most statistics books, they say a sample size of 30 out of a population is "statistically significant".

Nerd bullshit aside, I am really wishing that the statistics hold true: cuz that means I have a 66% chance!

:)

Naw, 28 people is enough. If you look at most statistics books, they say a sample size of 30 out of a population is "statistically significant".
Actually, n > 30 indicates that you can replace the standard deviation of the sample with the population, assuming --> it follows a normal distribution AND the samples are simple, random samples. :true:

Unfortunately there is nothing NORMAL or SIMPLE in this examination process!

How's that for nerdy ?? :ass:

JR

Will the fact that I answered the survey 18 times skew the results? Just kidding.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back