Practice Problems Materials for Power Exam

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The "did you sign a waiver" was in regard to an original book (any random book) and resale.  Again, in regard to your question about reselling original books and to differentiate how the course book isnt the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean,  the only thing that actually upsets me about all this is i provided the exact clause that lets happen what is being discussed, and it appears that was apparently not reviewed before responding...

Oh well.  Internet and all.

While I don't think anything that helps you get through the exam is a waste because it will pay for itself many times over I agree that Graffeo is the single best book you can bring with you into the exam for aid with conceptual questions.  Its pithy nature allows you to seek out the vital information you need while at the same time not waste precious minutes doing a lot of flipping through pages.

A combination of Graffeo + Engineer Pro Guides Formula Sheet + School of PE notes + Tom Henry NEC keyword index was my winning combination.  I barely even looked at any of my other resources throughout the exam, save for the actual NEC.  
Hi is 2017 the latest edition of Graffeo? I have an older one and I found some mistakes. Was hoping the new one was updated.

Hey buddy, I didn’t sign shlt, because I don’t have shlt, and I’m not trying to sell shlt. Wrong guy. I don’t have class binders or any of that. Not me. Im not trying to make profits of other people’s labor. 

I’m simply trying to have a conversation while you are up on your high horse that used hardback books are sold everywhere. ( Reread the thread, I’m not talking about class notes nor am I involved in any of that) 
Let's keep it civil in here (1st warning). No one appears to be acting on their "high horse" as you put it. And yes, we all understand that copyrighted materials are bought, sold, and re-sold each and every day. However, where this particular instance differs with the GA Tech binder, is the associated terms & conditions that accompanied the initial purchase of the review course. As I indicated above and recall from when I took the course, the T's&C's specifically indicate the course materials are not to be re-distributed under GA Tech's specific copyright disclaimer. And certainly not intended to be sold for any sort of monetary value (whether it be a profit or a loss) since GA Tech owns the rights to it. 

Sorry guys for starting a discussion that may have elevated.  I understand everyone's point and did not realize I may have been breaking an agreement.  Honestly, I took this class 2.5 years ago and I have been searching through emails for the terms and conditions I signed when I took the class because I can't remember that far back.  This is why I emailed the instructor to ensure I am not violating anything. I am not selling the binder for a profit but just 1/9th of the cost I invested into this $995 course.  My wallet took a serious hit for this exam (as expected) and trying to recover just a small fraction would help (with/without the binder).  
I understand that and can relate to it. However, just like a college education, the GA Tech review course is an investment. And typically what you gain from it (in this case a PE license), recouping the cost would hopefully come from your respective employer in the form of either direct re-imbursement and/or a salary increase. I wasn't about to start selling university-owned materials from my undergraduate school in an attempt to recoup that investment (just an example). 

Most often today with the IoT (Internet of Things), the "terms & condition" that people "sign", is generally a lengthy digital agreement with a check-box at the end (of which most people to read through in great detail). I'm guessing this what part of the online registration process when you made the corresponding payment to GA Tech for the review course. 

I understand that and can relate to it. However, just like a college education, the GA Tech review course is an investment. And typically what you gain from it (in this case a PE license), recouping the cost would hopefully come from your respective employer in the form of either direct re-imbursement and/or a salary increase. I wasn't about to start selling university-owned materials from my undergraduate school in an attempt to recoup that investment (just an example). 

Most often today with the IoT (Internet of Things), the "terms & condition" that people "sign", is generally a lengthy digital agreement with a check-box at the end (of which most people to read through in great detail). I'm guessing this what part of the online registration process when you made the corresponding payment to GA Tech for the review course.
Unfortunately I didn’t keep a copy of the T&C’s for the course but I updated my ad to remove it. Appreciate the feedback on this subject. 

Unfortunately I didn’t keep a copy of the T&C’s for the course but I updated my ad to remove it. Appreciate the feedback on this subject. 
Most people (myself included) don't necessarily get a copy of the T&C's unless specifically requested in writing. Once you check that "I agree" box, it's essentially out-of-sight, out-of-mind. I'm still interested in how Dr. Callen responds to your inquiry. If he decides to authorize you to sell it, more power to you! :thumbs:

Most people (myself included) don't necessarily get a copy of the T&C's unless specifically requested in writing. Once you check that "I agree" box, it's essentially out-of-sight, out-of-mind. I'm still interested in how Dr. Callen responds to your inquiry. If he decides to authorize you to sell it, more power to you! :thumbs:
He finally got back to me today. He did not say yes or no but talked about GT not being able to sell binders individually because they procure it in bulk and don’t buy/sell it separate from the course.  I didn’t want to try to interpret this so I will err on the side of caution. 

Any ads you might have seen here that are selling the GA Tech review course binder are in breech of the associated terms & conditions. This was a previous debate a number of years ago here on this forum. If you read through all that GA Tech sent when you accepted the agreement and submitted payment (FYI, I also took the course), the sole intent of the binder is for the end-user only who purchased the accompanying review course. In essence, you would be turning a profit from GA Tech copyrighted material without first obtaining express written permission from the university to do so. It would be somewhat different if the binder were publicly offered, but alas it is not.
Agreed.  In all candor, even if it was OK to sell, you don't get the full benefit of the class by just studying the binder and not viewing the lectures.  I realize the course is costly but I think it's a good value and it certainly helped me.  Just my two cents.

Hi is 2017 the latest edition of Graffeo? I have an older one and I found some mistakes. Was hoping the new one was updated.
Mine was the second edition.  It has a lot of corrections for his grammatical errors, as well as a new section on DC transmission lines.  I think it came out in 2017.

No wasted money on expensive prep courses for me.

Graffeo was my #1 best reference.

#2 was Engineering Pro guides tech study guide and full exam. Those 2 sources were 10x more useful than my other dozen references by far. 

Get both of them.

Studied 3 months. Took 16 full 8-hr practice exams. Passed first try April 2018. 

Good luck! You can do it!

here are the practice exams I worked in full in 8-hr days at the library:

1x 2011 Ncees practice exam in Jan 

1x Graffeo

5x Spin Up

2x Camara/PPI practice exams

4x Complex Imaginary

1x Engineering Pro Guides full exam

.5x 45-problems in Eng Pro Guide tech study guide

1x Camara/PPI practice problems book

1x 2018 NCEES practice exam on Weds
Do you still have all these material if I want to buy? are you sayin you solved 16 practice tests before going to actual exam? 

Thanks

Do you still have all these material if I want to buy? are you sayin you solved 16 practice tests before going to actual exam? 

Thanks
I still have one book with 4 full practice exams available for sale here:

and yes I took 16 full practice exams while preparing. Don’t know if it was overkill, but it helped me feel fully prepared and I passed it on my first attempt. Given almost half of people fail, I felt it well worth the preparation. I only wanted to suffer through all that stress ONCE. Haha. One and done baby! Let me know if you want to buy my Spin Up book and good luck on the exam either way. 

Thanks
It should be noted that no sample exam will take you 8 hours to complete.

The majority of the sample exams are rudimentary / fundamental and can be completed (both their "morning" and "afternoon" sessions) in about 3-4 hours time.  Some even quicker.   

Still, its a enormous time sink, but only half as bad as you think it is!     

It should be noted that no sample exam will take you 8 hours to complete.

The majority of the sample exams are rudimentary / fundamental and can be completed (both their "morning" and "afternoon" sessions) in about 3-4 hours time.  Some even quicker.   

Still, its a enormous time sink, but only half as bad as you think it is!     
which practice exam would you recommend would be the best since you took many?

I'd recommend all of them.  Every test you have time to take.

They all emphasize different skill sets and knowledge.  For me, the least useful was the NEC Code Drill , but I've used the NEC every day for the past 11 years.  Its kind of my thing.  

Just realize the problems in the sample exams are designed to reinforce skills and are not actually representative of all the problems you will see on the test.  Majority will be more "academic" like and the sample exams are heavy into helping you learn a subject matter or reinforce it.  I really cant get into much more detail then that regarding how they compare.  Most find they the problems are "simpler" though (in general) then actual NCEES test problems.          

The only exception being the NCEES sample exam... being that is the NCEES sample exam.  Problems will represent the test per their own advertisement. 

Changes

I'd recommend all of them.  Every test you have time to take.

They all emphasize different skill sets and knowledge.  For me, the least useful was the NEC Code Drill , but I've used the NEC every day for the past 11 years.  Its kind of my thing.  

Just realize the problems in the sample exams are designed to reinforce skills and are not actually representative of all the problems you will see on the test.  Majority will be more "academic" like and the sample exams are heavy into helping you learn a subject matter or reinforce it.  I really cant get into much more detail then that regarding how they compare.  Most find they the problems are "simpler" though (in general) then actual NCEES test problems.          

The only exception being the NCEES sample exam... being that is the NCEES sample exam.  Problems will represent the test per their own advertisement. 

Changes
Do you have email address so that I can contact you and discuss about the way of shipping and price.

Thanks

Do you have email address so that I can contact you and discuss about the way of shipping and price.

Thanks
I don't believe I offered any material for sale...   I think you are talking about Surf and Snow.

Unless you are asking for copyrighted material or similar.  My mailing address is 935 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20535.  Please address it to the Intelligence Division (i know, Its a corny pet name I have!).

Just put your request in Letter form, specifically asking what you want copyrighted material you want me to send you, preferably with accurate Return address and Photo ID for your safety. 

I'll respond as soon as possible.    (Please don't actually do this...)

I don't believe I offered any material for sale...   I think you are talking about Surf and Snow.

Unless you are asking for copyrighted material or similar.  My mailing address is 935 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20535.  Please address it to the Intelligence Division (i know, Its a corny pet name I have!).

Just put your request in Letter form, specifically asking what you want copyrighted material you want me to send you, preferably with accurate Return address and Photo ID for your safety. 

I'll respond as soon as possible.    (Please don't actually do this...)
Szar my mistake I quoted the wrong guy. I was talking to surf and snow. for practice exam he has. BTW funny...

Thanks
I tried to send you a message but it says you cant receive messages. Are you in the U.S.A? I only ship to US addresses, otherwise its to expensive. If so and you want it, I just dropped the price to $60. Sent me a message to let me know. I accept paypal for payment and can mail it out right away.

Back