Practice Problems Materials for Power Exam

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good point. I will add that to my ad for the GA Tech book I am selling. Thanks!
Yet you're going to distribute it anyway? :huh:

The GA Tech binder is copyright material by GA Tech University and for the sole purpose of the person that pays for the associated review course.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yet you're going to distribute it anyway? :huh:

The GA Tech binder is copyright material by GA Tech University and for the sole purpose of the person that pays for the associated review course.
From what I have seen on other ads, the GA Tech Binder was sold as a stand alone item without access to the class. My class access has ended and I’m just selling the binder. Unless I am understanding the other ads incorrectly or our discussion. 

From what I have seen on other ads, the GA Tech Binder was sold as a stand alone item without access to the class. My class access has ended and I’m just selling the binder. Unless I am understanding the other ads incorrectly or our discussion. 
Did you solely create the notes in the binder you are selling?

Everything is inevitably copyrighted, even without the seal.  It justs provides one more degree of protection legally.

https://www.teachingcopyright.org/handout/copyright-faq.html

Any ads you might have seen here that are selling the GA Tech review course binder are in breech of the associated terms & conditions. This was a previous debate a number of years ago here on this forum. If you read through all that GA Tech sent when you accepted the agreement and submitted payment (FYI, I also took the course), the sole intent of the binder is for the end-user only who purchased the accompanying review course. In essence, you would be turning a profit from GA Tech copyrighted material without first obtaining express written permission from the university to do so. It would be somewhat different if the binder were publicly offered, but alas it is not.

Any ads you might have seen here that are selling the GA Tech review course binder are in breech of the associated terms & conditions. This was a previous debate a number of years ago here on this forum. If you read through all that GA Tech sent when you accepted the agreement and submitted payment (FYI, I also took the course), the sole intent of the binder is for the end-user only who purchased the accompanying review course. In essence, you would be turning a profit from GA Tech copyrighted material without first obtaining express written permission from the university to do so. It would be somewhat different if the binder were publicly offered, but alas it is not.
I am asking the instructor of the course about selling the binder. Thanks for clarifying this information. I was understanding this from a different perspective. Selling the material but prohibiting making any copies of the binder and distributing it. Hopefully I have a response soon. 

I am asking the instructor of the course about selling the binder. Thanks for clarifying this information. I was understanding this from a different perspective. Selling the material but prohibiting any copies of the binder from being distributed. Hopefully I have a response soon. 
Keep in mind, the original is also considered to be a "copy" from a legal perspective. It's just the original copy.

And IMHO, in the grand scheme of things, the binder is rather useless without the accompanying course and instructional videos from Dr. Callen. Sure there are some good practice problems and useful formulae, but there are plenty of other commercially available resources today that have the same if not better subject matter.

tenor.gif

I get the deal with not distributing PDFs, but every book is copyrighted. Are you suggesting no used book can ever be resold? There are literally thousands of used books on Amazon and in “Used book stores” everywhere. 

Like I said, I get the digital thing or making copies, but originals?

I get the deal with not distributing PDFs, but every book is copyrighted. Are you suggesting no used book can ever be resold? There are literally thousands of used books on Amazon and in “Used book stores” everywhere. 

Like I said, I get the digital thing or making copies, but originals?
Did you sign an agreement when you recieved that book not to distribute it?

Your talking about first sale doctrine, however in these circumstances that right was waived.

Would a legal challenge about the waiver of first sale doctrine survive a court challange?  No idea... not a laywer.

But part of me still thinks you signed it, stop trying to make a profit on someone else's labor and work.

Its also fair to point out that first sale doctrine doesnt apply to e copies or pdfs which this was most likely recieved as.

Any reproduction, aka printing, of a copyrighted pdf document is technically a violation of the copy right law unless you were given specific permissions to physicslly reproduce it for your own limited use.

Your talking about first sale doctrine, however in these circumstances that right was waived.

Would a legal challenge about the waiver of first sale doctrine survive a court challange?  No idea... not a laywer.

But part of me still thinks you signed it, stop trying to make a profit on someone else's labor and work.
Hey buddy, I didn’t sign shlt, because I don’t have shlt, and I’m not trying to sell shlt. Wrong guy. I don’t have class binders or any of that. Not me. Im not trying to make profits of other people’s labor. 

I’m simply trying to have a conversation while you are up on your high horse that used hardback books are sold everywhere. ( Reread the thread, I’m not talking about class notes nor am I involved in any of that) 

Hey buddy, I didn’t sign shlt, because I don’t have shlt, and I’m not trying to sell shlt. Wrong guy. I don’t have class binders or any of that. Not me. Im not trying to make profits of other people’s labor. 

I’m simply trying to have a conversation while you are up on your high horse that used hardback books are sold everywhere. ( Reread the thread, I’m not talking about class notes nor am I involved in any of that) 

F3F2C6E1-2D76-4527-9500-D3C0645FCD99.gif

Sorry guys for starting a discussion that may have elevated.  I understand everyone's point and did not realize I may have been breaking an agreement.  Honestly, I took this class 2.5 years ago and I have been searching through emails for the terms and conditions I signed when I took the class because I can't remember that far back.  This is why I emailed the instructor to ensure I am not violating anything. I am not selling the binder for a profit but just 1/9th of the cost I invested into this $995 course.  My wallet took a serious hit for this exam (as expected) and trying to recover just a small fraction would help (with/without the binder).  

Your getting far to worked up about a post, especially if it doesnt impact you in any way.

I only quoted you because you asked about first sale docterine.  

Try rereading my post in a passive, 1 am, with no horse in the game voice and let me know if your still upset.

Back