ppi exam cafe

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

civil78

Reaction score
Does anyone have an opinion about the PPI Exam Cafe? I joined and have noticed that a lot of the Structural problems (for example) seem much more complex than I remember from the AM portion last year. I only remember 2-3 design problems and they weren't incredibly in depth (not simplistic.. but also not requiring a full page of calculations)- is my memory faulty?

Anyone else hitting overload too? I'm not sure if I just want to take this and hopefully be put out of my misery.. or if I would rather have another month to study- arghh!

I used a LOT of PPI products (including the exam cafe). It took two trys to pass the electrical power exam for me. I thought that the important thing was "drilling" and "reference familiarity," and I think that the repetative nature of just solving MULTIPLE problems over and over made the difference for me. I studied hard the second time. I never studied in school, but paying my own money to prove that I could pass a test was a motivator for me. Even with all the time invested, at some time in the afternoon session after stumbling with something that I was "making difficult," I finally found what "worked" for me. IF I found a confusing (complicated) question, I figured that I was "making it complicated....." The drilling and studying helped, but there was no way to explain why some questions were so "easy" while others were "confusing...." They are all worth the same points..... The study time relaxed me and I relied more on intuition rather than "computations...." Heck, I passed. It cannot be that hard.

Does anyone have an opinion about the PPI Exam Cafe? I joined and have noticed that a lot of the Structural problems (for example) seem much more complex than I remember from the AM portion last year. I only remember 2-3 design problems and they weren't incredibly in depth (not simplistic.. but also not requiring a full page of calculations)- is my memory faulty?Anyone else hitting overload too? I'm not sure if I just want to take this and hopefully be put out of my misery.. or if I would rather have another month to study- arghh!
ppi exam cafe seemed more harder

Back