Post your PE Electical Exam results in here

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Passed - Electrical & Electronics (Alberta, Canada). 1st attempt....phew

Congrats to ALL those who passed :Banane35:.

Sorry to hear about those who were NOT so lucky this go around, and I wish any Oct 2012 re-takers the best luck!

If any EE re-takers are scanning this thread and interested to see my study material (also for sale), please see this other thread:

http://engineerboards.com/index.php?showtopic=19217

I also agree with the other members posts, this board was a tremendous help!

Passed. Ohio. Electrical-computer engineering. Only studied for this exam for about three weeks. I found it really easy. I flew through each half in like two hours and then spend about an hour checking myself before I got bored and left.

I didn't get numeric exam results.

Folks, I pass the PE exam on the third trial. Here are my receipes:

In April 2011, I took a prep class to prepare me for the exam. It was totally useless so when I sat for the first time, surprisingly I was ready for maybe 40% of the exam. It was a shock to me.

In October of the same year, I studied by myself but not with the proper guidance so I failed again. But one thing I knew for sure it was durable. It is a matter of being properly guided.

For the Arpril of 2012 exam, a friend of mine advised me to study the Wildi book from in and out which I did. I solved every single problem in the Wildi books and I review them for a second time. I also used the Shaum book along with notes from the school of PE. I can tell you that I felt very comfortable and I pass.

My advise is to get the following books:

1-Wildi Book (This book is unique)

2-School of PE prep class(Right on target)

3-Shaum Book(Excellent for Relays and coordination)

4-NEC CODE 2011(Make sure you tab it)

That is your ticket to be officially a P.E

Eh, I failed. First time I sat for this test. I took the Electrical - Power. References I had were;

1-NCEES Supplied Reference Manual [great for engineering economic problems]

2-NEC 2011 handbook & NEC 2005 paper back [2005 has tabs]

3-NCEES Practice Problems for Electrical and Computer: POWER

4-IES Handbook for those surprise lighting problems

5-Lightning Protection Handbook

what is the name of the Wildi book?
/>http://www.amazon.com/Electrical-Machines-Drives-Systems-Edition/dp/0131776916/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1339029044&sr=8-1
A bit pricey on Amazon but you can probably find the "international edition" for half the price. That's what I did with most references I purchased. Addall.com is a good website to find the cheapest price on certain books.

Passed in the state of Puerto Rico. First time taker, there wasn't a grade, just a pass/fail.

Thank you to all the members of the board who helped; there were many, I particularly remember flyer_PE and knght1fox3 helping out a lot.

Thanks agian.

what is the name of the Wildi book?
http://www.amazon.co...39029044&sr=8-1

A bit pricey on Amazon but you can probably find the "international edition" for half the price. That's what I did with most references I purchased. Addall.com is a good website to find the cheapest price on certain books.
You can dig deep for older editions of books too. I was sick of shelling out money for books so I looked for older editions. I wound up finding a copy of the 4th edition of the Wildi book on Amazon for like $3.99 and free shipping. I'm sure a lot has been updated in that book over the past 10 years, but really, I thought it had everything I needed it for.

Passed power on my first try in FL. Thanks to all the people who have posted advice on this forum, it was a big help.

I failed Power for and time:

Took it 1st April, 2011...scored 49/80

Took it 2nd time, April 2012......took the GaTech Power review course, PPI course and only practice exam I completely reviewed was NCEES....but worked many practice problems from the GaTech review course.....thought I would surely pass and after exam I was ( at least thought I was) sure I got at least 60/80...turns out, I got a 45/80....have no clue what I may have done wrong....any ideas appreciated?

I failed Power for and time:

Took it 1st April, 2011...scored 49/80

Took it 2nd time, April 2012......took the GaTech Power review course, PPI course and only practice exam I completely reviewed was NCEES....but worked many practice problems from the GaTech review course.....thought I would surely pass and after exam I was ( at least thought I was) sure I got at least 60/80...turns out, I got a 45/80....have no clue what I may have done wrong....any ideas appreciated?
I failed the first time I took the exam. What I did to pass was to focus on doing sample exams. I used NCESS and Spinup sample exams. I passed the second time.

Do alot of sample exams.

Copied from another thread:

OK, don't give up on this! YOU CAN and WILL PASS this **** examination. There is no reason not to pass. Let's review some key points. If you have taken the examination more than twice and not succeeded, you probably need to make some drastic study habit changes. Of course, I don't know your study habits, however, I would suggest that probably not much changed between exams 1 and 2. That is probably why you were unsuccessful.

If you have not done so, I would take an in-person review course. Yeah, it costs money, however, at this point, you have $2500 in this process-- so now, there is no reason not to continue on and get the **** license. The govt may not give you a promotion or pay increase, howevomer, you never know when you need the license. Find out who/where your discipline gives a taught in person review course. Sign up and go. Yes, this is another $2500-- with travel fees, course registration, etc., so now you have $5000 invested in the process. I would then plan on studying about 2 hours EVERY day after the review course-- work as many problems as they gave you, order some more exam problems and continue to work them until you know the problems cold.

As a guy who has written PE test questions, you should be able, by inspection, be able to ascertain what the question is answering. If you cannot do that, then you need to continue studying until you are able to identify, by inspection, what the question asks. Sometimes there is more information in the stem of the question than necessary. I never write a question that way, however, I have seen many that are. The key here is to find the cogent kernels of data needed to address the question. Most questions are written to be solved in 6 minutes. HOWEVER, some questions take 1 minute and some take 13 minutes to solve-- just be aware of that.

You can do this-- this is a bachelor's level examination to determine the minimally competent engineer. My academic friends tell me that this is the C- student.

I cannot address how the scoring is done to set the pass score. I have not done that yet! I am told that is coming, however, do not know how it is done. Cannot provide any insight here.

Don't give up-- you can do this-- you have way too much invested not to pass this time. I have great faith that you will be successful with the next exam provided that you make some drastic study habit changes, take an in-person taught review course and work problems at least 2 hours every day between the end of the review course and the exam date.

Back