Post your April, 2012 results here

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i know what you mean. it's easy to get discouraged. you have to put it out of your mind and take it again. you'll do it. i took the exams 5x....who knows, maybe there will be a 6th time in my future =/. thick skin. think of how much you've learned in the process. i learned something new every time i took the exams. you can do it ABD!!! this next one is yours! make that exam your b**ch! ;)

for me I worked so hard and studied such a long time. It is like winning the lottery and then come to find out they accidentally released the wrong #'s.
No kidding, I hadn't really told anybody yet since my boss is on vacation so I'll continue to make sure I'm on the IDFPR site. They did change my web login slightly and the exam titles match the actual date I took them.

No kidding, I hadn't really told anybody yet since my boss is on vacation so I'll continue to make sure I'm on the IDFPR site. They did change my web login slightly and the exam titles match the actual date I took them.
So you are sayign the CTS website has been updated? As in they fixed the error many people reported about having the dates associated with the wrong exams?

If this is true that makes me feel a little better as possibly everything is good now??

No doubt that CTS has plenty of issues. The reason our results were delayed in the fall was supposedly because someone was on sick leave. Seriously? No one else at that place knows how to post results? Unfortunately, it will take an act of god to get the state to change their process. They would have to hire people to process all the applications and review data, etc and given the state's budget they aren't going to do that even though it could probably be done for half of what continental charges them.

So you are sayign the CTS website has been updated? As in they fixed the error many people reported about having the dates associated with the wrong exams?

If this is true that makes me feel a little better as possibly everything is good now??

No doubt that CTS has plenty of issues. The reason our results were delayed in the fall was supposedly because someone was on sick leave. Seriously? No one else at that place knows how to post results? Unfortunately, it will take an act of god to get the state to change their process. They would have to hire people to process all the applications and review data, etc and given the state's budget they aren't going to do that even though it could probably be done for half of what continental charges them.
Earlier this week the exam dates for Lateral and Vertical were transposed but are now correct.

I checked all the license #'s that have been updated since the last exam. I seems that more people than just me had their license retracted. My # was 081-007229 when the state posted to the license look-up site. Now the following #'s are missing from the license numbering sequence:

081-007228

081-007229

081-007231

081-007235

081-007236

081-007239

081-007242

081-007246

081-007249

I guess at least 9 people had their licenses falsely given out to them and then taken back. No apologies yet (I don't expect to get one)

https://www.idfpr.com/LicenseLookUp/LicenseLookup.asp

^^ wow that is ridiculous, i feel so bad that you had to go through that.

does your CTS online exam results reflect your actual test results?

Don't know, haven't got hard copies in the mail yet. The dates and exams are wrong on the website for me. They have me listed as failing vertical 10/28/11 (which I passed) and that I have passed the lateral 4/14/12 (which I assume that I failed). Last week they were both listed as passing results. what a nightmare.

This is horrifying!!!!! I still have a license number on IDFPR, but have not yet received my results in the mail. I don't think they truly understand the ramifications of being INACCURATE about these things. Now that I've notified everyone under the moon about having "passed", how the hell do I tell them "oops they got it wrong" if I didn't really pass. AGH! I'm going to be SO embarrassed if I didn't really pass.................

Only plus, I still have a license number on IDFPR.....just waiting for the CTS letter now.......... :oops: ???
yeah, in the same boat as you (still listed). I got my letter and it said pass (can't view the website because my app expired), but now I don't fully trust it. Who knows if the state caught all the mistakes or just ADB or if they are still looking. I'm going to have to keep checking the site now to make sure I don't get removed.
that gives me some hope at least....thanks tachi1247. what they really need to do is get out in front of it and send a letter stating what happened and that it is or is not yet resolved. so that 300 people aren't flooding the phone lines for verification that they've passed/failed. I absolutely intend to call them as soon as I receive the paper results to verify one way or another.
Well, I broke down and called since I still have not received my results in the mail....she said "you do not need to apply to take the exam again, you're all set".

I received my letter as a drafter was speaking with me just after lunch. Then the office admin comes by with a letter with the Oregon lettterhead. My heart is pounding as I'm trying to get the drafter out of my office.

I quietly open the thin letter, and low and behold!!!...

a letter asking me to take the laws and rules take-home exam AGAIN. I turned it in over e-mail on Monday morning...

This anxiety over results is about as bad as the 7:30 time before the exam starts!

I checked all the license #'s that have been updated since the last exam. I seems that more people than just me had their license retracted. My # was 081-007229 when the state posted to the license look-up site. Now the following #'s are missing from the license numbering sequence:

081-007228

081-007229

081-007231

081-007235

081-007236

081-007239

081-007242

081-007246

081-007249

I guess at least 9 people had their licenses falsely given out to them and then taken back. No apologies yet (I don't expect to get one)

https://www.idfpr.co...censeLookup.asp
Just out of curiousity, how did you look up all the licenses that have been modified since the exam date? I only see a way to search by license # or by name.

just have to look up by the license #'s there are gaps where some license #'s do not have a name to go along with them. For instance if you type in "008007229" it will not return any results. But if you type in "008007230" you will get someone who now has a license.

McEngr: Makes complete sense. I heard OR gutted their state constitution and re-wrote all of their existing laws on Wednesday morning.

Sarcasm-free translation: WHAT!?!? Gotta be kidding!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am in California and passed the exam but I won't tell anybody till I receive the letter from Board. Go and check your accounts.

just have to look up by the license #'s there are gaps where some license #'s do not have a name to go along with them. For instance if you type in "008007229" it will not return any results. But if you type in "008007230" you will get someone who now has a license.
kind of figured that. guess you had some time to go through all the numbers.

They added license # 081-007252 on 6/19/12 and it is a Naperville, IL person so I am guessing he is the one person whose reporting mistake actually went the other way and resulted in a license being issued. My friend I mentioned earlier that also had a reporting discrepancy did indeed pass like his letter indicated and that information is now reflected on the CTS website....but he only sat for vertical so hence no license.

Has anyone in Oregon seen their status change on the OSBEELS website? Thanks.

California eventually released SE results and I passed vertical, plus last time I passed vertical.

Just found my name from Board's database so I am also done now.

Good luck to everybody in this forum!

A guy in my office took the test in Maryland because he doesn't have an engineering degree. He passed the lateral day but, not the vertical day. He is retaking the vertical day in October. Does anyone know of anyone passing the exam without and engineering degree? Will he be the first?

A guy in my office took the test in Maryland because he doesn't have an engineering degree. He passed the lateral day but, not the vertical day. He is retaking the vertical day in October. Does anyone know of anyone passing the exam without and engineering degree? Will he be the first?
wow i did not know it was possible to take the test without a degree. Maryland must have some super lax exception rules. Does your coworker have many many years of experience?

Back