Post your April, 2012 results here

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL.

We'll be seeing you in the "expecting" thread soon dakota.

Congrats on the pass!

Last edited by a moderator:
@SE to be - I spoke with an Exam Coordinator at the CA Board today. He said they are processing the results and expects it to be out this week.

Hopefully we get it on (or before) Friday!

In VA, I got an email saying to go to the NCEES to access my unfortunate scores. Vertical: 15/40 in the morning, and Acceptable, Acceptable, Unacceptable, & Improvement Required for buildings in the afternoon. For the lateral, I got 19/40, and an Acceptable with three Unacceptables in the afternoon.

I think I'm going to divide and conquer next time. Congrats to all those that passed.
Don't get discouraged! It took me 5x!!! It's not an easy feat, but well worth all the effort. All I can say is PRACTICE PROBLEMS!!!!! And LOTS of them. You'll get it!!! Good luck and chin up!!
Thanks for the encouraging words, and congrats to you! Definitely, going to do TONS of problems next go round.

Can anyone else that has passed log on to your ncees account and does it state if you need to reregister? Just hoping...

SORRY I POSTED THIS IN THE WRONG AREA. TURNS OUT THAT I DID NOT PASS IL SE EXAM. I HAD A LICENSE # AND EVERYTHING. I AM SOOOO DISGUSTED WITH THIS WHOLE PROCESS. CTS AND ILDFPR BOTH EFFED UP THE REPORTING PROCESS. I AM SO EMBARRASSED AS WELL NOW I HAVE TO TELL MY EMPLOYER THAT I DIDN'T PASS.

SORRY I POSTED THIS IN THE WRONG AREA. TURNS OUT THAT I DID NOT PASS IL SE EXAM. I HAD A LICENSE # AND EVERYTHING. I AM SOOOO DISGUSTED WITH THIS WHOLE PROCESS. CTS AND ILDFPR BOTH EFFED UP THE REPORTING PROCESS. I AM SO EMBARRASSED AS WELL NOW I HAVE TO TELL MY EMPLOYER THAT I DIDN'T PASS.
My friend had a similar situation. On the CTS site it said Fail for vertical, but his letter said pass.

My letter said pass, but my application has expired so I couldn't check the website. I hope there isn't some major screw up and I find out that I didn't pass. I also have told everyone and will be extremely angry if things go south on me.

Are you still listed on the IDFPR site as of today?

McEngr, I logged onto my account and I was directed to the status page. I did not see anything about re-registration, but it did say that I was not registered for any October examinations.

ADB, I am so sorry, I can't imagine the amount of frustration that you must feel. You should make some calls to make sure you did not get removed by mistake.

Can anyone else that has passed log on to your ncees account and does it state if you need to reregister? Just hoping...
Yeah, both a week ago and even now after getting my results, when I log onto my NCEES account it reads in big bold "October 2012 registration details" and below that "You have not registered for any exams"

So don't read into that - they're not that sophisticated in their coordination (no offense to NCEES)!

ADB - that's horrific. If these 3rd party paper-shuffling companies are that incompetent, what business do they have taking our money and more importantly handling registrations meant to signify we're competent? (note: comment also not meant for NCEES, but these middle man companies like PCS or CTS that many states choose to use to...well...not sure exactly what their purpose is. Thinking of the Bobs in Office Space, "What would you say it is you...do...here?")

ADB - that's horrific. If these 3rd party paper-shuffling companies are that incompetent, what business do they have taking our money and more importantly handling registrations meant to signify we're competent? (note: comment also not meant for NCEES, but these middle man companies like PCS or CTS that many states choose to use to...well...not sure exactly what their purpose is. Thinking of the Bobs in Office Space, "What would you say it is you...do...here?")
couldn't agree with you more on this. They are also handling very sensitive information like our SS#, addresses, employers, etc.

Not to mention that at least in Illinois they get a nice little fee for handling all of this paper shuffling as we pay more for the exams than states that just use NCEES to report. Greasing the hand of a 3rd party is just the way things are done here in IL so it is not surprising. I bet somewhere back in time the owner of CTS had a good friend who happened to work in the state legislature....

This is horrifying!!!!! I still have a license number on IDFPR, but have not yet received my results in the mail. I don't think they truly understand the ramifications of being INACCURATE about these things. Now that I've notified everyone under the moon about having "passed", how the hell do I tell them "oops they got it wrong" if I didn't really pass. AGH! I'm going to be SO embarrassed if I didn't really pass.................

Only plus, I still have a license number on IDFPR.....just waiting for the CTS letter now.......... :oops: ???

This is horrifying!!!!! I still have a license number on IDFPR, but have not yet received my results in the mail. I don't think they truly understand the ramifications of being INACCURATE about these things. Now that I've notified everyone under the moon about having "passed", how the hell do I tell them "oops they got it wrong" if I didn't really pass. AGH! I'm going to be SO embarrassed if I didn't really pass.................

Only plus, I still have a license number on IDFPR.....just waiting for the CTS letter now.......... :oops: ???
yeah, in the same boat as you (still listed). I got my letter and it said pass (can't view the website because my app expired), but now I don't fully trust it. Who knows if the state caught all the mistakes or just ADB or if they are still looking. I'm going to have to keep checking the site now to make sure I don't get removed.

Unfortunately this is another reason for the NCEES to simply take care of the exam process in its entirety.

Last edited by a moderator:

yeah, in the same boat as you (still listed). I got my letter and it said pass (can't view the website because my app expired), but now I don't fully trust it. Who knows if the state caught all the mistakes or just ADB or if they are still looking. I'm going to have to keep checking the site now to make sure I don't get removed.
that gives me some hope at least....thanks tachi1247. what they really need to do is get out in front of it and send a letter stating what happened and that it is or is not yet resolved. so that 300 people aren't flooding the phone lines for verification that they've passed/failed. I absolutely intend to call them as soon as I receive the paper results to verify one way or another.

this is two exams in a row now that CTS has screwed up............just saying....they should not be given a third chance. NCEES really needs to release ALL results. They are the licensing body.....

for me I worked so hard and studied such a long time. It is like winning the lottery and then come to find out they accidentally released the wrong #'s.

Back