Post your April, 2012 results here

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dear Mike, those information is too old and is based on 12 week after the exam date,now NCEES on June 14 release the results (after 8 weeks), I hope tomorrow socal-eng and others will get the results.

Dear Mike, those information is too old and is based on 12 week after the exam date,now NCEES on June 14 release the results (after 8 weeks), I hope tomorrow socal-eng and others will get the results.
They just updated it the other day.

Structural Engineer Vertical & Lateral Forces

Results for the April 2012 national Structural Engineer Vertical & Lateral Forces exams are expected to be released by July 16, 2012. All examinees for this examination will be notified by email from NCEES and directed to logon to the NCEES registration system to access the results, and accompanying diagnostic if provided.

IL - Passed Finally. Done with this exam. I don't want to think of all the time and money spent on this darn exam, but so glad it is over now. Congrats to everyone who passed and for those of you who didn't, don't give up. With focus, determination and persistence you can make it. Good luck to everyone.

Virginia just posted their results on NCEES. I didn't get an e-mail yet, but have been checking every couple of hours. I passed both the vertical and the lateral on my first attempt. Took over 200 hours of hard studying. I left the Vertical exam feeling pretty optimistic. I didn't feel quite as good about the Lateral exam because I knew I had missed some things. My biggest concern was how hard they were going to grade the afternoon sessions because I ran into some time issues so I ended up just writing down the formulas but not solving them. I guess that was enough to show intent. Congratulations to all the other passers!

In VA, I got an email saying to go to the NCEES to access my unfortunate scores. Vertical: 15/40 in the morning, and Acceptable, Acceptable, Unacceptable, & Improvement Required for buildings in the afternoon. For the lateral, I got 19/40, and an Acceptable with three Unacceptables in the afternoon.

I think I'm going to divide and conquer next time. Congrats to all those that passed.

WI - passed both on the first try. I'm shocked. Lost more and more confidence as time passed since the exam, and was starting to lay the groundwork for studying again. Had to be the morning portions that carried me through.

Special thanks to McEngr for all your encouragement and questions as we kind of studied together. I know your news will be good, too, once OR gets around to giving it to you!

In VA, I got an email saying to go to the NCEES to access my unfortunate scores. Vertical: 15/40 in the morning, and Acceptable, Acceptable, Unacceptable, & Improvement Required for buildings in the afternoon. For the lateral, I got 19/40, and an Acceptable with three Unacceptables in the afternoon.

I think I'm going to divide and conquer next time. Congrats to all those that passed.
Don't get discouraged! It took me 5x!!! It's not an easy feat, but well worth all the effort. All I can say is PRACTICE PROBLEMS!!!!! And LOTS of them. You'll get it!!! Good luck and chin up!!

Received my unacceptable Vertical results in Pennsylvania today.

Vertical: 23/40 in the morning, and Acceptable, Improvement Required, Improvement Required & Unacceptable for PM portion. I actually felt really good after the test, but I guess I need to study harder and longer.

This is my first test and I'm trying not to get too discouraged, but it's hard. Triumphellc, your post is encouraging. Congratulations on finally getting it done! I'm so pissed at the thought of still having to pass TWO tests!

I'll sulk for the rest of the week and start coming up with a new approach to studying for October.

McEngr said:
Dakota, I am so happy for you! It's weird that I have been thinking of you today and why you hadn't been around. Go have a beer and get laid my man! :)
Step 1 complete...just got my Ron Swanson on by consuming a perfect mid rare porterhouse and a tub of some nice single malt on the rocks. Step 2...shortly!

McEngr said:
This wait is absolutely killing me. Sucks.
Definitely feel your pain. Don't know why WI was so slow. At last OR has a reason. It's in the bag for you though, I'm 100% positive of that.

Back