Post your April, 2012 results here

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NCEES has posted national pass rates. 1st timers: 45% vertical, 46% lateral. Repeats: 34% vertical, 40% lateral.

If my remedial statistics are correct (they may not be!) that means a 1st timer taking both days would have a 0.45*0.46=0.21 = 21% expected pass rate, right?
I'd be interested to know what the pass rate is for those taking both portions. That would be helpful for those debating to take the exam in parts or two days in a row. I mean look at the first timers pass rates...technically/statistically speaking, isn't it possible that 100% of the people who passed the vertical also passed the lateral?

Also interesting that people did much better on the lateral than the October administration of the exam. I thought the lateral AM was easier than the gravity AM...guess most people found it easier as well too.

NCEES has posted national pass rates. 1st timers: 45% vertical, 46% lateral. Repeats: 34% vertical, 40% lateral.

If my remedial statistics are correct (they may not be!) that means a 1st timer taking both days would have a 0.45*0.46=0.21 = 21% expected pass rate, right?
I'd be interested to know what the pass rate is for those taking both portions. That would be helpful for those debating to take the exam in parts or two days in a row. I mean look at the first timers pass rates...technically/statistically speaking, isn't it possible that 100% of the people who passed the vertical also passed the lateral?

Also interesting that people did much better on the lateral than the October administration of the exam. I thought the lateral AM was easier than the gravity AM...guess most people found it easier as well too.
The probability of passing both exams is not simply multiplying pass rates of both exams since they are dependent events with probably a pretty high correlation coefficient. Chances are if you're prepared enough to pass one there's a good chance you'll pass the other one. For this exam the probability of passing both is somewhere between 45% and 21%, probably around 35%ish.

I passed the lateral!!! I had passed the Vertical last April and failed the Lateral in October. I was really mad after October where I got 4 "Acceptable" answers in the essay questions but only got 22 out of 40 on the multiple and ended up failing. This makes all the hard work since then worthwile!

For those who didn't pass I know how you feel, just don't give up. You will hit that finish line someday and it feels great!

Continental Testing (IL) says they have the results, and the hope to be sending them out in 1 week. My grade is not online yet.
I'm hoping for a smoother experience than last October but I guess I'll spend the next week logging into the CTS site every weekday hour.
I was able to log in to the CTS site last night but the results are a but cryptic...

Current Request Status

Official test results will be mailed by CTS subject to licensor approval Request Date: 1/27/2012 Request Status: Closed Special: Exam Location: CHICAGO Overall Exam Results Pass

Deficiency

Exam Name Exam Date Grade Buildings - Lateral 4/13/2012 Waived Buildings - Vertical 4/13/2012 Pass Fundamentals of Eng. 4/13/2012

Endorsed

Everything looks good excepted "Buildings - Lateral = Waived"? Is anyone else seeing this when they log in?
Same here. Same thing.
Results were updated are some point, mine now says Lateral - Pass, Vertical - Pass where before it sayed "Wavied" for Lateral.

I've been checking the site for days at two hour intervals. They have the tests listed backwards date wise but it says closed and "pass" on both of them.

Boo-yah I am finally done with this exam.

Continental Testing (IL) says they have the results, and the hope to be sending them out in 1 week. My grade is not online yet.
I'm hoping for a smoother experience than last October but I guess I'll spend the next week logging into the CTS site every weekday hour.
I was able to log in to the CTS site last night but the results are a but cryptic...

Current Request Status

Official test results will be mailed by CTS subject to licensor approval Request Date: 1/27/2012 Request Status: Closed Special: Exam Location: CHICAGO Overall Exam Results Pass

Deficiency

Exam Name Exam Date Grade Buildings - Lateral 4/13/2012 Waived Buildings - Vertical 4/13/2012 Pass Fundamentals of Eng. 4/13/2012

Endorsed

Everything looks good excepted "Buildings - Lateral = Waived"? Is anyone else seeing this when they log in?
Same here. Same thing.
Results were updated are some point, mine now says Lateral - Pass, Vertical - Pass where before it sayed "Wavied" for Lateral.
Same here. Congrats, fellow IL SE!

IL - Passed!! I failed Lateral last fall & passed Gravity last fall. I felt about the same this April, but I guess I passed!

Since my approval to take the exam expired, I have to wait for snail mail to deliver. Has anyone gone to IDFPR to see if you are listed?????

il has released.....passsssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since my approval to take the exam expired, I have to wait for snail mail to deliver. Has anyone gone to IDFPR to see if you are listed?????
I very much want to know this as well as I am in the same boat.

Will someone who has passed both lateral and gravity in IL please let us know if your name is listed on the IDFPR site? If you are listed and I am not then I know I didn't pass, otherwise it means they haven't updated the site yet. holding out hope...

Has anyone on this forum taken either of the SE exams in Pennsylvania this past April? I passed the Vertical exam in October, but had to wait another 3 weeks after NCEES released results to member boards (December 16th to January 6th).

I remember there being a problem with NCEES, PCS (Professional Credential Services) and the PA state board coordinating the release of all results (PE, FE, SE, etc). So this may have been the reason for the extended wait. Hopefully that doesn't happen again...

PASS on the first attempt, thank god!! IL test taker here, how long does it take for IDFPR to get me my 081 license number?

Congratulations to those who passed!

Anyone have updates on when California plans to release the results?

Back