Post your April, 2012 results here

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Passed Vertical and Lateral, first try. Only one to take it in :wv: . Got a freaking phone call - had to ask the lady on the other end to repeat herself 3 times...could not believe I actually passed.

CONGRATS TO ALL!!!! WOOOOT!!!

The NCEES server has crashed, at least from where I sit. Because why wouldn't it.

Passed Vertical and Lateral, first try. Only one to take it in :wv: . Got a freaking phone call - had to ask the lady on the other end to repeat herself 3 times...could not believe I actually passed.

The Oregon Board will absolutely NOT allow a phone call for test results. I'm surprised that WV does this.

Server def crashed. some genious over there decided to open up registration while people are refreshing ever 10 seconds waiting for their results... couldn't see that train wreck coming down the track.

McEngr said:
WA - Building Lateral Passed (third attempt) - I got an email from NCEES and then checked on their website.

Passed - Building Vertical in the fall (second attempt).

I felt good about the morning session. The afternoon session, did pretty well on the first three problems but I botched the last one.

Good luck to everybody!
Hey bombo: the botched last problem... that was for the lateral exam, correct?
Yes, the very last problem on the Buildings lateral exam. I remember you mentioned it right after the exam, too. Based on my evaluation, I should not have gotten an Acceptable on that particular problem. However, I think I did pretty well on the first three. This kind of invalidates the theory that you need four acceptables to pass it.

Passed Vertical and Lateral, first try. Only one to take it in : :wv: :. Got a freaking phone call - had to ask the lady on the other end to repeat herself 3 times...could not believe I actually passed.

The Oregon Board will absolutely NOT allow a phone call for test results. I'm surprised that :wv: does this.
I was the only one to take the SE in :wv: , so I think they made an exception.

Texas, I took both the lateral and gravity this April and passed on the first try. I am stoked. Now to figure out which states to get a SE license in.
I started looking into this. Apparently MA is one of the cheaper states to apply and maintain an SE license - and happens to be the closest state to where I practice so it makes sense for me there. Not sure what state have the SE designation close to TX

I just got a response from live chat on registration page that NC is holding the results and will be released next week for me.

Does anybody know when CA will release SE result? The Board websites says July 16 but now it doesn't sound reasonable.

Continental Testing (IL) says they have the results, and the hope to be sending them out in 1 week. My grade is not online yet.

Continental Testing (IL) says they have the results, and the hope to be sending them out in 1 week. My grade is not online yet.
I'm hoping for a smoother experience than last October but I guess I'll spend the next week logging into the CTS site every weekday hour.

NCEES confirmed Wisconsin allows NCEES to release results, but hasn't given them the go-ahead to do it yet. Brutal. But not as brutal as Oregon, there, McEngr. My condolences!

NCEES has posted national pass rates. 1st timers: 45% vertical, 46% lateral. Repeats: 34% vertical, 40% lateral.

If my remedial statistics are correct (they may not be!) that means a 1st timer taking both days would have a 0.45*0.46=0.21 = 21% expected pass rate, right?

I'm hoping for a smoother experience than last October but I guess I'll spend the next week logging into the CTS site every weekday hour.
I was able to log in to the CTS site last night but the results are a but cryptic...

Current Request Status

Official test results will be mailed by CTS subject to licensor approval Request Date: 1/27/2012 Request Status: Closed Special: Exam Location: CHICAGO Overall Exam Results Pass

Deficiency

Exam Name Exam Date Grade Buildings - Lateral 4/13/2012 Waived Buildings - Vertical 4/13/2012 Pass Fundamentals of Eng. 4/13/2012

Endorsed

Everything looks good excepted "Buildings - Lateral = Waived"? Is anyone else seeing this when they log in?

I was able to log in to the CTS site last night but the results are a but cryptic...

Current Request Status

Official test results will be mailed by CTS subject to licensor approval Request Date: 1/27/2012 Request Status: Closed Special: Exam Location: CHICAGO Overall Exam Results Pass

Deficiency

Exam Name Exam Date Grade Buildings - Lateral 4/13/2012 Waived Buildings - Vertical 4/13/2012 Pass Fundamentals of Eng. 4/13/2012

Endorsed

Everything looks good excepted "Buildings - Lateral = Waived"? Is anyone else seeing this when they log in?
Same here. Same thing.

Bah. I couldn't make enough time to study but was still hopeful.

Failed both:

Vertical: 30/40 morning, 2 acceptable/2 unacceptable

Lateral: 28/40 morning, 1 acceptable/3 needs improv.

kozarrat

Looks like you did very well on the AM portions.

Failed both :(

Vertical: 25/40 morning, 2 accep./1 needs improv./1 unaccep.

Lateral: 20/40 morning, 2 needs improv. / 2 unaccep.

might go one at a time starting with Vertical

Back