Pocket ID card vs.

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sschell

Dude?
Reaction score
ok... Im a Mechanical in Cali, dont know if they do this for all states/diciplines, or just for me...

About a month ago I recieved my (paper) PE pocket registration card, which came with instructions which can be summed up as: sign, laminate and keep on you at all times.

Yesterday I recieved a (plastic) PE pocket identification card, which came with the same instructions (minus the lamination).

So.... whats the point? why do I need TWO cards which are supposed to be on my person at all times. is there any function provided by one that cannot be accomplished by the other?

And... why do they need to be on my person at all times. Does someone go around checking up on PE's to make sure they have their cards?

Also... what good do these card do me? can they be used as a get-out-of-jail-free card? is there a bar which will give me a free beer when I present my card (hope hope)?

anyone have any input?????

I don’t know, I was at a meeting once and an attorney presented his laminated card to me, I guess it was supposed to be like a little badge?

I would prefer they give us official looking badges with little plastic cases like the cops get so we can go out on site and flash our badges!

I would much prefer a little shield to the plastic ID card.... and how can they call it an ID card if it does not have a picture on it???

My wife got me a 'cold lamination' kit for Christmas so I could laminate mine. I laminated and then cut off the extra plastic.

I think the paper card is a temporary until they can get the plastic card made. You will get a new plastic card everytime you renew, with a new expiration date. I only carry the plastic card.

I laminated my wallet card and placed it within a plastic shield with my state inspector's ID. It is great for pulling out to impress the ladies!! :eyebrows:

JR

^^^ Absolutely !!! B)

However, I usually lose my newly acquired :respect: once I try to dance. A friend of mine once described my motions as "a big stick figure." :true: These days I try to stick with small talk with regular doses of alcohol to keep them interested.

JR

^^^ Absolutely !!! B)
However, I usually lose my newly acquired :respect: once I try to dance. A friend of mine once described my motions as "a big stick figure." :true: These days I try to stick with small talk with regular doses of alcohol to keep them interested.

JR

Well....I have a solution for you. TWO-STEPPING. And I don't mean LINE-DANCING....that's two different things. Men don't line dance! I learned a LONG time ago that you don't have to be MC Hammer (showing my age a bit) to be able to impress the ladies at the country bar. That was always the secret to my success!

^^ You do need a 4X4, however. And Ford/Chevy preferences may end the evening for you as soon as she sees what brand you're driving. No lie.

Rude.

I am always at country bars and you damn well better have teeth and I hate trucks. HATE them. You better be cute and look good in Wranglers and a cowboy hat.

Rude.
I am always at country bars and you damn well better have teeth and I hate trucks. HATE them. You better be cute and look good in Wranglers and a cowboy hat.
You may, but I can tell you from experience that a Civic Si kills your desireability in the country bars of rural south Georgia.

Now the Charger was another story altogether...

Back