Plastic ID Cards in CA?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:eek:)

Agree.  But I guess I am still not getting it. 
default_wacko.png
  I still don't understand what the (dateless)  hard cards are for if we are required to always carry the (dated) paper cards.  
default_dunno.gif
Obviously, you have never been stopped at gunpoint by a neighboring property owner wanting to know why you were surveying on "their" land.  Or had to spend hours explaining to the law enforcement officers why you, as a licensed land surveyor, were exempt from trespassing while conducting a survey.  Even engineers and geologists have to be in the field sometimes and having an official card supplementing your ID and your statements you are licensed helps quite a bit in those situations.

Obviously, you have never been stopped at gunpoint by a neighboring property owner wanting to know why you were surveying on "their" land.  Or had to spend hours explaining to the law enforcement officers why you, as a licensed land surveyor, were exempt from trespassing while conducting a survey.  Even engineers and geologists have to be in the field sometimes and having an official card supplementing your ID and your statements you are licensed helps quite a bit in those situations.
I certainly have not had that situation.  And I do get your point.  I guess I am still missing how the hard card would help you in this situation any more than the soft card you're already carrying anyway. 

In NV I didn't even get mailed a paper card. I got emailed a pdf of it to print out and cut. Supposed to laminate myself I guess. 

Back