CA Results will be mailed July 27, 2009

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPSUEngineer

Civil Site Engineer
Reaction score
California releases the exact date of when candidates will be notified. This was copied from their website here:http://www.pels.ca.gov/applicants/apr09results.shtml

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Release of the April 2009 Examination ResultsADOPTION OF THE APRIL 2009 EXAMINATION RESULTS

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL RESULTS BE GIVEN OUT BY TELEPHONE OR E-MAIL.

Results of the examinations are not released until after the Board has adopted the passing score (or cutscore) for each examination at one of its regularly-scheduled meetings.

Adoption of the Cutscores/Approval of Examination Results

July 23 & 24, 2009, Board Meeting

Engineer-in-Training (EIT) and Land Surveyor-in-Training (LSIT) Examinations

Chemical, Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, and National Structural II Professional Engineer Examinations

Professional Land Surveyor (National and California State-Specific) Examinations

The National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES) reports examination results for the national examinations as "pass" or "fail." No scores are reported. Candidates who fail the examinations will be provided with a diagnostic report to indicate performance in those sections attempted. More information about this policy may be obtained from the NCEES website. Do NOT contact the Board requesting your score; the scores are no longer provided. (This applies to all examinations except the Special Civil [seismic Principles and Engineering Surveying], and State-Specific Land Surveyor examinations.)

RELEASE OF THE APRIL 2009 EXAMINATION RESULTS

After the Board adopts the cutscores, the result letters are mailed to the candidates at their addresses of record. If you have changed your address of record since the examination and you have not yet notified the Board directly, you need to complete an Address Change Affidavit and fax it to the Board at (916) 263-2246. Submitting a change of address or forwarding request to the U.S. Postal Service is not sufficient; you must notify the Board directly.

Result letters are sent by U.S. Postal Service. We will not send out duplicate result letters until the dates listed below. Therefore, please do NOT contact the Board to request a duplicate result letter prior to the dates listed below.

The License Lookup database is updated once the result letters are mailed. The data must be transferred between databases and then uploaded to the License Lookup database. The program to update the License Lookup database is run overnight. Do NOT contact the Board asking when the database will be updated.

Schedule for Mailing of Result Letters

ALL Examinations

July 27, 2009 (duplicate result letters available: August 6, 2009)

I took the exam in California. It's going to be a miserable wait. I am checking the board daily to see when everyone else gets their results. Too bad mine wont be coming until the very end of july or early august. The California Board is worthless. They dont respond to emails or phone calls. Just the extra 5-6 week wait for test results makes me want to drive up to Sacramento and walk right into the PELS office and take a dump on the floor.

It does seem like they would be more flexible with their meeting date to ratify results. It appears they may schedule the meeting when they are sure the results are going to be released and NCEES says allow 12-14 weeks officially.

My heart goes out to all the CA folks...that is awful to have to wait until everyone else finds out first.

I took the exam in California. It's going to be a miserable wait. I am checking the board daily to see when everyone else gets their results. Too bad mine wont be coming until the very end of july or early august. The California Board is worthless. They dont respond to emails or phone calls. Just the extra 5-6 week wait for test results makes me want to drive up to Sacramento and walk right into the PELS office and take a dump on the floor.
just a thought... maybe if they didn't have so many people calling and emailing to tell them they are worthless (or crapping on their floor) they could spend more time working on getting the results out...

:dunno:

Just kidding... hang in there, I feel your pain, I have been there!

Looks like California is being undecisive about the release of results. They arent sticking to the July 27th mailout date. Will it move up or back????? Hopefully the date may move up a couple weeks, i wouldnt expect any more than that from the california board.

Website now reads as follows:

July or August, 2009, Board Meeting

Chemical, Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, and National Structural II Professional Engineer Examinations

Professional Land Surveyor (National and California State-Specific) Examinations

ALL Examinations

TO BE DETERMINED BASED ON DATE OF BOARD MEETING

California releases the exact date of when candidates will be notified. This was copied from their website here:http://www.pels.ca.gov/applicants/apr09results.shtml
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Release of the April 2009 Examination ResultsADOPTION OF THE APRIL 2009 EXAMINATION RESULTS

Results of the examinations are not released until after the Board has adopted the passing score (or cutscore) for each examination at one of its regularly-scheduled meetings.

July 23 & 24, 2009, Board Meeting

The National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES) reports examination results for the national examinations as "pass" or "fail." No scores are reported. Candidates who fail the examinations will be provided with a diagnostic report to indicate performance in those sections attempted. More information about this policy may be obtained from the NCEES website. Do NOT contact the Board requesting your score; the scores are no longer provided. (This applies to all examinations except the Special Civil [seismic Principles and Engineering Surveying], and State-Specific Land Surveyor examinations.)

After the Board adopts the cutscores, the result letters are mailed to the candidates at their addresses of record. If you have changed your address of record since the examination and you have not yet notified the Board directly, you need to complete an Address Change Affidavit and fax it to the Board at (916) 263-2246. Submitting a change of address or forwarding request to the U.S. Postal Service is not sufficient; you must notify the Board directly.

Result letters are sent by U.S. Postal Service. We will not send out duplicate result letters until the dates listed below. Therefore, please do NOT contact the Board to request a duplicate result letter prior to the dates listed below.

The License Lookup database is updated once the result letters are mailed. The data must be transferred between databases and then uploaded to the License Lookup database. The program to update the License Lookup database is run overnight. Do NOT contact the Board asking when the database will be updated.

ALL Examinations

July 27, 2009 (duplicate result letters available: August 6, 2009)

Wow, and I thought Massachusetts was bad. California is borderline criminal! Here's to hoping the board moves faster than they think they can!

Amen to that, I am here complaining about EES states, California is 10 times as bad. I can't believe in 2009 they would delay results that long! My gosh, Alaska has their resutls already!

The results mailing date is back to the original July 27, 2009.

July 23, 2009, Board Meeting

The National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES) reports examination results for the national examinations as "pass" or "fail." No scores are reported. Candidates who fail the examinations will be provided with a diagnostic report to indicate performance in those sections attempted. More information about this policy may be obtained from the NCEES website. Do NOT contact the Board requesting your score; the scores are no longer provided.

Beginning with the April 2009 examinations, the results for the California Special Civil [seismic Principles and Engineering Surveying] examinations will be reported as "pass" or "fail." No scores will be reported. Candidates who fail the examinations will be provided with a diagnostic report to indicate performance in those sections attempted.

ALL Examinations

Estimated Mailing Date: July 27, 2009

Let's start generating some talk about CALI results - although it's demoralizing being the last to get results at least we have a really good idea when they are coming. It won't be a guessing game checking the mail for 2 weeks praying for a letter. It is killing me though that i have been spending 3 hours a day on this damned website watching everyone rejoicing over passing. One positive thing though that the pass rate publised by NCEES for the April 09 exam is relatively high to previous years exams.

Looks like the Board Meeting will be on July 23rd. Estimated mail out date says July 27th. I'm guessing there is a chance that they may send out the results after the board meeting on the 23rd. Hopefully some people in the Sacramento area will start receiving results on the 24th.

The results mailing date is back to the original July 27, 2009.

July 23, 2009, Board Meeting

The National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES) reports examination results for the national examinations as "pass" or "fail." No scores are reported. Candidates who fail the examinations will be provided with a diagnostic report to indicate performance in those sections attempted. More information about this policy may be obtained from the NCEES website. Do NOT contact the Board requesting your score; the scores are no longer provided.

Beginning with the April 2009 examinations, the results for the California Special Civil [seismic Principles and Engineering Surveying] examinations will be reported as "pass" or "fail." No scores will be reported. Candidates who fail the examinations will be provided with a diagnostic report to indicate performance in those sections attempted.

ALL Examinations

Estimated Mailing Date: July 27, 2009

I remember someone told me the online license database will be updated before the mails sent out.

you can look up if your name is in the database on 27th.

Let's start generating some talk about CALI results - although it's demoralizing being the last to get results at least we have a really good idea when they are coming. It won't be a guessing game checking the mail for 2 weeks praying for a letter. It is killing me though that i have been spending 3 hours a day on this damned website watching everyone rejoicing over passing. One positive thing though that the pass rate publised by NCEES for the April 09 exam is relatively high to previous years exams.
Looks like the Board Meeting will be on July 23rd. Estimated mail out date says July 27th. I'm guessing there is a chance that they may send out the results after the board meeting on the 23rd. Hopefully some people in the Sacramento area will start receiving results on the 24th.

I remember someone told me the online license database will be updated before the mails sent out.you can look up if your name is in the database on 27th.
I passed in Apr 2008 and the database wasn't updated for about a week after I got my letter, if I recall correctly. And yes, California is absolutely the worst run government in the entire country (see our current economic meltdown as proof), so it totally makes sense that their PE results would be the most jacked! This year we have the added bonus of state worker furloughs, so my heart goes out to all who are waiting for their results. Very demoralizing to lose so much precious study time.

Back