Pharmacy or Computer Engineering?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
don't forget hospitals are going the machine dispensing route. A hospital here got a machine to do the medicine dispensing for the entire hospital. What took 3 pharmacists all night to prepare the next days medication now they just need one to fill/watch the machine. doses come out individually wrapped and labeled.

Its important to look beyond the paycheck when you graduate. Yes a pharmacist makes more than an engineer out of school, but is it the work you want to do (day to day, year to year)? Does it provide the opportunities in the future you want? Does is provide the flexibility you want (ie, location, work schedule).

Thank you guys!!! I'm thinking of going in the computer engineering path, but I have one more question. If I do computer engineering, can I try to get a degree in software engineering. Are some of the courses the same?

Thank you guys!!! I'm thinking of going in the computer engineering path, but I have one more question. If I do computer engineering, can I try to get a degree in software engineering. Are some of the courses the same?
With software engineering, you are going to get a mix of computer science and project/program management classes. You will learn how to plan, code, document, and deploy software.

With computer engineering, you will get a mix of computer science and low voltage electrical engineering classes. You will learn how to design processors and PCBs and write drivers and similar software to work with the hardware.

The two programs will share courses in general math, science and engineering (as will all ABET accredited engineering programs) and some computer science classes.

Back