People You Love to Hate

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know, in some states, it is perfectly legal for motorcycles to split lanes. But, it really is annoying when you're stuck and you see a bike go whizzing by..
Legal and smart are two totally different concepts. No way am I on my 720lb motorcycle going to go speeding between two 2000lb vehicles operated by people that have no idea I'm passing though. I'm not in THAT much of a hurry to get anywhere.

Legal and smart are two totally different concepts. No way am I on my 720lb motorcycle going to go speeding between two 2000lb vehicles operated by people that have no idea I'm passing though. I'm not in THAT much of a hurry to get anywhere.
Yeah that whole rule of mass tonnage is rather important to consider sometimes.

We had a guy get knifed not too far from the house for honking at a driver who took too long at the stoplight. There's all kinds of nutjobs out there.
But stomping the brakes and sending cars off the road is dangerous business.
Exactly. The last thing I need is for some wacko turdclown to follow me home and rearrange my kneecaps with a baseball bat.

I don't know if they are doing it in MA, but I like the states that are starting to cite overly aggressive drivers. NY did this while I was living there. The stuff that's not technically against any laws but dangerous nonetheless. Stuff like tailgating, weaving, etc.

The weavers are the ones that truly piss me off. And when you get to the exit or toll booth or whatever, they're only like 2 cars in front of you.

2000lbs? What are they driving around you, smart cars?

^When you're on a bike, there's not much difference between getting hit by a smart car and a SUV. Either one can send you to the morgue in a real hurry.

Octomom. She says she has "no regrets" and that her "children are [her] life". Well, guess what? I don't want to have to fucking pay to raise your "life". This is why there should be a license to have children as long as there is welfare.

I would like to add:

1) The folks in convertibles who drive around with the top down and the windows up. "I have to think I'm cool so I put the top down but then it's too cold / windy so I have to put the windows up. There we go. Nothing on top but glass on the sides - kinda looks like I'm driving a big fish tank."

2) The guy in first class who has to pose for the folks who board after him. Most people in first class will get their complimentary drink and either look out the window, talk amongst themselves or read something. But there is always a guy who makes a point to stare at everybody as they walk past, with a "look at me - I'm in first class" look on his face. I feel like punching him.

3) Also on the topic of air travel; I hate the guy that elbows his way up to the front of the line for general boarding, who then ties up the aisle for a half hour. We finally get to board but then all 200 of us are queued down the aisle, waiting for this guy to try and shoehorn a Ford Taurus into the overhead compartment.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^ Following up on #2, I was flying home from St. Thomas after a three day bender and the guy in the seat next to me wanted to chat. He was one of these 3 job guys who loved to talk about himself, his company, his professorship, his side business, his other side business... I just wanted him to stfu and let me sleep off my hangover. If you're so darn good at all your businesses, why do you have to aggressively market them to a stranger on an airplane who really doesn't give a flip?

3) Also on the topic of air travel; I hate the guy that elbows his way up to the front of the line for general boarding, who then ties up the aisle for a half hour. We finally get to board but then all 200 of us are queued down the aisle, waiting for this guy to try and shoehorn a Ford Taurus into the overhead compartment.
Now that the airlines are starting to assrape us on checked baggage fees, that will only get worse. Whenever I fly somewhere, the only thing I carry on is a backpack with my ticket, bottle, of water, snack, book, etc. I usually just shove it under the seat so I'm not constantly up and down. But inevitably there are a handfull of ass clowns that insist on bringing a week's worth of shit on the plane with them.

I see did one guy get a well deserved face full of Samsonite one time when he opened up the bin and his coffin sized suitcase slid out on him.

I've definitely gotten the first class pose guy too. He usually has two or there gold chains, unbottoned shirt buttons, and sunglasses.

Actually, I hate just about everything having to do with the airline industry.

Back