Pennsylvania Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's official... the PA Results are in, yea!

It's official... I didn't pass. See (some of you) next April.

It's official... the PA Results are in, yea!
It's official... I didn't pass. See (some of you) next April.
For me the only thing is official is that I did not get my results yet....my wife just checked our mailbox, and although we have mail, I did not get my results.....one more day of agony I guess.....think I might be drinking a lot of wine tonight as soon as the kids are in bed.....and tomorrow night to celebrate if I pass....or tomorrow night to mourn if I did not.......

......think I will be having a lot of wine this weekend, eh?

I can't check mine either until after 5pm - someone might get home before I do to check - in that case I will defintely tell you all if something arrived. I am in the Philly area, where are you all?
Sorry Altoona Eagle....hopefully, for you, this is only your first try. This was my fourth try (I can honestly say its the first one I really put out the effort and studied hard, but nonetheless, I failed 3 times....hoping it stays at 3).

Good luck to you next time. Why are you not taking it in the fall?

I hope we do NOT see each other in that exam room again.

For me the only thing is official is that I did not get my results yet....my wife just checked our mailbox, and although we have mail, I did not get my results.....one more day of agony I guess.....think I might be drinking a lot of wine tonight as soon as the kids are in bed.....and tomorrow night to celebrate if I pass....or tomorrow night to mourn if I did not.......

......think I will be having a lot of wine this weekend, eh?

Still nothing for me, either. AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

I got my results today after a long quad ride, I completely forgot we were expecting the results today. I live just outside Pittsburgh and the letter was sitting in the mailbox when I rolled in. To my suprise I passed. Congrats to everyone who passed, my condolocences to those who almost made it. This was the hardest test I've taken to date and the agony of waiting for this letter has made me nust. The folks on the board helped me get through the past few weeks.

Thanks everyone and good luck to all.

I got my results today after a long quad ride, I completely forgot we were expecting the results today. I live just outside Pittsburgh and the letter was sitting in the mailbox when I rolled in. To my suprise I passed. Congrats to everyone who passed, my condolocences to those who almost made it. This was the hardest test I've taken to date and the agony of waiting for this letter has made me nust. The folks on the board helped me get through the past few weeks.
Thanks everyone and good luck to all.
Congrats, and I hope I get a similar letter to yours tomorrow....is it too late to go to church tonight? :please:

well... my letter came today!!! And on the third time... I have to say that I...... PASSED!!!! Civil/Transpo depth. I was actually sick to my stomach when I opened my mailbox convinced that I would be taking it in October. However, it was a celebration dinner for me tonight...

Hope you all get good news tomorrow (I'm in the state college area just for an idea of when mail gets to different locations)

well... my letter came today!!! And on the third time... I have to say that I...... PASSED!!!! Civil/Transpo depth. I was actually sick to my stomach when I opened my mailbox convinced that I would be taking it in October. However, it was a celebration dinner for me tonight...
Hope you all get good news tomorrow (I'm in the state college area just for an idea of when mail gets to different locations)
I just got my letter (in the Philly area) and I PASSED!!!!! Civil/Structural depth. Wooohoooo!

I just got back from Myrtle Beach and got my letter. I failed!!! Darn it. Can anyone help me figure out my approximate score? I'm not sure how many questions there was per section? Here's my results:

Civil breadth:

Construction - 75%

Geotech - 62%

Structural - 88%

Transportation - 75%

Water/Environ. - 100%

Approximate am score: ???

Geotechnical Depth:

Subsurface Exploration & Sampling - 67%

Eng. Properties of Soils & Materials - 80%

Soil Mechanics Analysis - 40%

Earthquake Engineering - 50%

Earth Structures - 50%

Shallow Foundations - 67%

Earth Retaining Structures - 0%

Deep Foundations - 50%

Other - 60%

Approximate pm score: ???

I think I was very close to passing, but blew a few parts on the afternoon. Can anyone help me on my raw score? Should I post this in another subforum on here?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I figured out my raw score using the PM Geotech percentages on the NCEES website. I think I had 32 in the am plus only 20 in pm for total of 52.

Here's my results:
Civil breadth:

Construction - 75% 6/8

Geotech - 62% 5/8

Structural - 88% 7/8

Transportation - 75% 6/8

Water/Environ. - 100% 8/8

Approximate am score: 32?

Geotechnical Depth:

Subsurface Exploration & Sampling - 67% 2/3

Eng. Properties of Soils & Materials - 80% 4/5

Soil Mechanics Analysis - 40% 2/5

Earthquake Engineering - 50% 1/2

Earth Structures - 50% 2/4

Shallow Foundations - 67% 4/6

Earth Retaining Structures - 0% 0/6

Deep Foundations - 50% 2/4

Other - 60% 3/5

Approximate pm score: 20?
Maybe I will try the WR/Environ. depth next time.

raw score = 56.

FAILED for the 10X10^6 TIME!!!!

looks like i'll be seeing some of you folks in October!!

raw score = 56.
FAILED for the 10X10^6 TIME!!!!

looks like i'll be seeing some of you folks in October!!
Unless I am missing something, I don't think that can be right. 56/80 is 70%. The cut is 70% adjusted. How can the adjusted cut score be more stringent than the raw cut score? What am I missing?

Unless I am missing something, I don't think that can be right. 56/80 is 70%. The cut is 70% adjusted. How can the adjusted cut score be more stringent than the raw cut score? What am I missing?
If you do a search, you will find that this has been discussed ad nauseum. The 70 that everyone refers to is not 70% of the raw score.

"Back in the day", when NCEES gave out a "scaled" score (Texas still does), a "70" was required to pass. This means, based on what has been debated for years, whatever the raw passing score turns out to be is set to "70". So if for a certain exam (say civil - transportation) the raw score required to pass is 49/80, 49 is set to "70" and then there is a conversion equation (where 49 raw = 70 and 80 raw = 100) to determine, based on your raw score, what your "scaled" score is.

This was done for all exams and they differed every exam administration. The reason for this was that way regardless of what exam you took or when you took it, you would be comparing apples to apples. If a civil/trans person who took the exam two years ago was talking with a mechanical/HVAC person who took the exam last year, they could compare their scaled scores even though their raw scores may have varied greatly.

Nobody knows what the "raw" score is that's required to pass. It changes every time based on level of difficulty. And apparently no one could understand the "scaled" score either, so the states (again with the exception of Texas and a few others) decided that NCEES should just report PASS/FAIL.

THe cutscore is a number - 70. Not 70%. Technically, 70 could mean 60% or it could mean 75%. I have never seen a clear rule that says the raw score can't be over 70%, although it probably almost never is.

yeh my bad . . . .

i got a 45/80

56 PERCENT

pretty stinkin bad . . . .

i actually did ok in the morning . . . . 28/40, which is 70%.

PM session took me down!! . . . . .

REALLY down!

REST EASY EVERYONE!! . . . .

Latest posts

Back